Chapter 11 - The Unforgivable Truth

I groan as I am momentarily blinded by the morning light. I groan again and roll to my side before I mutter a lot of obscenities and force my eyes open and my mind awake. I look groggily around me and see Shaze sitting on a chair asleep, by the other side of the bed. He must have watched me throughout the night, this makes me smile and I let out a small yawn, feeling slightly rested.

Steadily and slowly I swing my legs off the bed and attempt to stand which I fail at doing miserably because I end up on the floor after my fifth attempt. The sound of my fall obviously woke Shaze up because when I look up from my sprawled position on the flooppr I see him looking at me.

"I don't even want to know" he says and pulls me back into the bed before joining me and pulling his laptop by the bedside and placing it on my lap and opening the Netflix app, "I'm going to get breakfast, I better not see you on the floor when I get back"

I nod like a small child with her hand caught in the cookie jar, and as soon as he walks out I place his laptop on the space beside me and attempt once more to get up and finally succeed. After giving myself a mental high five I use various items around his room to drag myself to his bathroom.

I snag a short and a t-shirt from his wardrobe on my way and once in the bathroom begin to run myself a bath. Once everything is set I slip into the bathtub and sigh in satisfaction when I feel some knots begin to loose in my overly tense body.

I scrub myself to the highest my weak body can allow me to and when I attempt to get out of the tub I realize I have a bigger problem than my aching muscles. My legs have gone back to feeling like jelly and I can't hoist myself out of the bathtub.
I begin to look around for the closest thing to me that I can use to stand myself up but come up with nothing.

Just as I am about to contemplate calling Shaze to help me, I hear him calling me and I sigh in relief before shouting that I'm trapped in the bathroom. It was probably not the best use of words because Shaze almost breaks down the door before realizing it was not locked. When he get in he fixes me with a pointed look and I smile back at him sheepishly.

"if you wanted to have a bath you could have just told me" Shaze says after a long silence while moving towards me with a towel

"Really?" I ask him unsure and he nods at me, "why?"

"Cause, your just like the little sister I never had" he says with finality and the only thing I am capable of doing is making an 'o' sound before he turns his head sideways and reaches for my outstretched arms to help me out of the tub. I try to smile at him to hide the fact that I was disappointed that he only thought of me as little sister.

After I wrap the towel around myself with Shaze's hands covering his face and his back turned to me, I manage to pull the shorts and shirt on. Shaze helps me meander my way back into his bed and I snuggle into his pillows and not long after, the stress of making myself take a bath takes it toll on me and I fall into a deep sleep.

*

I wake up around noon feeling much better than I have been since this week started. I throw my legs over the bed and begin my descent down the stairs into the kitchen. I spot Shaze in the kitchen with his back to me, stirring something in a pot on the stove.

I walk up behind him and do something my inner fan girl has always wanted to do since I started crushing on him. I wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head on his back and he stiffens immediately but relaxes after a while when he realizes it's just me.

He turns his head a little in my direction, "aren't you supposed to be in bed?" he asks and I shake my head with a goofy grin on my face, "feeling stronger?" at this I nod my head multiple times, I must look funny because he starts chuckling and I can feel it through his back and I feel his stomach muscles constricting where my hand was.