Chapter 31

Warning: BeruAni (I don't know why I just put it in there)

*Sasha's POV*

I scratched my head curiously as I asked Annie.

"Was Bertholdt against us?"

She shook her head "No, turns out he had nothing to do with the plan either"

~~~time lapse~~~

*Annie's POV*

these chains are made of pure steel. No wonder I can't get out of this. They are smarter than I thought.

I still can't believe Krista and Bertholdt. betrayed us. He used to be so nice to me no matter how many times I ignore him. And so was Krista.

This time, I didn't do anything to hurt them, but they still helps Reiner and locked me up in this cell and torture me.

Suddenly I heard footsteps getting closer to my jail cell while my head was down.

"Annie..."

I looked up, it was Krista. I sighed,

"Go away, I don't want you here."

"Please, I want to talk to you."

"Fine." I answered coldly. She opened the lock, closed it, and sat on the floor.

"Make this quick. Just a glimpse of your face's gonna make my temper shorter and shorter."

She held my had, which was still locked on those chains. Talking so innocently, "Annie, I am so sorry...I had to go with Ymir and-"

"Don't apologize to me, you twat. Apologize to Sasha and Connie, and Isabel and...and Jean. In fact apologize to everyone except me, because there's no point of doing so if I'm not accepting it anyways..."

She looked down, "you're right."

I looked down as well, "Umm...if Bertholdt would like to apologize, I'd like to talk to him instead..."

She frowned, not saying anything else. I stared at her, thinking she might know something,

"What is it? Why're you so silent all of a sudden?"

"B-Because Bertholdt is dead, Annie."

"Don't lie, "goddess". I know it's not the real Bertholdt, you don't have to lie."

"I'm not lying! Bertholdt was the one killed during the fight. And the fake one was the one who escaped with Reiner."

I looked up, thinking she might be telling the truth, "that is a good coincidence, but how do I know you're not lying?"

She hissed, "I'll prove it, BERTHOLDT!!!" The fake Bertholdt looked at her, asking,

"What?"

"What's your favorite food?"

"Anything'll do..." He walked away.

My jaw dropped, "yup, that's the fake one. So that means..."

She nodded as she bit her lip. I sighed. He's dead.

~~~end of time lapse~~~

*back to Sasha's POV*

"So what's our plan now? You know to escape?" I asked,

Annie faced the ceiling for a moment, then Connie smirked, "I have a plan..."