Chapter 40

Warning: time-lapses

*Connie's POV*

We looked at Eren prestigiously, finding out his secret must be hard for him.

Hanji does have a point in that theory of hers. Eren's eyes are too big, which definitely makes him a Titan.

But, if there are points, there are doubts. Why would Eren be a Titan? Eren's one of the bros. I never see him slacking off for the Titans.

Eren gulped nervously as he sighed and looked down, "it's true. I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys. But I wasn't part of the plan. Here's what happened."

~~~time lapse~~~
*Eren's POV*

"Eren! It's time to go!" Dad screeched as he dragged me to the school.

I kicked the air, making my clothes slide on the floor while Dad was dragging me.

I cried loudly, "DAD!!! I DONT WANNA GO TO TITAN HIGH-SCHOOL!!! I WANNA GO TO SHINGEKI NO HIGH!!! ARMIN AND MIKASA ARE GONNA LEARN THERE!!! I WANNA GO THERE TOO!!"

He ignored my screams. And continued dragging me. As soon as we arrived, he dropped me inside. And he explained,

"Son. Your father needs to go somewhere very important. I'll be back as soon as I'm done. For now, you have to stay here. This boarding school will teach you to fight. I promise I'll come back. Goodbye, Eren."

"DAD WAIT!!!" He left before he even bothered hearing those words. Now I have to survive the life without the only living parent I had.

Well, I have to get used to life like this. I headed to the registration, being asked by the register lady, "Who's your guardian? You know, the one who sent you here."

"Oh. Umm...Grisha Yeager."

The girl hesitated and muttered something I didn't understand. I just ignored it as she gave me my keys to the room. I thanked her and went straight to the room.

I opened the keys to the room. Turns out I'm gonna be sharing a room with these three.

There's this ponytailed, freckled girl. Then there's a tall black-haired boy. And another boy with blonde hair, a little more weight than the two.

The blonde guy walked closer and greeted me, "hey, new guy. Welcome to the titan shifters' room. I'm Reiner, tall guy's Bertholdt, and the only girl in the room's Ymir."

The tall guy, better known as Bertholdt, said a simple "hi" . The girl, Ymir, silently raised her hand. Putting her hand down after two seconds.

I waved slowly, "hi. I'm Eren. So...what now?"

Reiner held my shoulder, making his eyes slowly shrink,

"Eren, you're a Titan shifter now. That's what we call ourselves around here. We're different from the others. Our goal is to make a change in the world. To destroy humanity and make Titans take over."

My eyes widened as I gasped, terrified, "Really?"

Ymir nodded slightly, "that's pretty much what our goal is. By the way, isn't there another kid who we have to share a room with?"

I raised an eyebrow, "wait wha-"

KNOCK KNOCK

The conversation paused as we all turned our heads at the door. The door slowly opened, a small, blonde-haired girl went inside the room, holding a key.

I walked to the girl, lending her a hand, "Hi. I'm Eren. Blonde guy's Reiner, Tall guy's Bertholdt, and freckled girl's Ymir."

Reiner, Bertholdt and Ymir raised their hands with an awkward sounding "hey..."

The girl spoke softly, "Hi, I'm Annie." She walked past me, ignoring my hand. I gently placed my hand down and began packing up.

Reiner was about to do the holding of the shoulder to Annie, but she slapped his hand, "don't even bother. I already know everything about the titan shifters..."

It's time for a new life to start. Sorry, Armin and Mikasa, this is my home now.

~~~end of time lapse~~~

"What kind of explanation's that!?! Look, Yeager, nobody wants to know about your childhood and how your daddy abandoned you." Levi facepalmed "This is pointless."

"Wait, that isn't the end of it. This is the reason why I didn't join them."

~~~time lapse~~~
*three years after Eren joined the Titan shifters...*

"Reiner! Where are we going this time!?!"

Reiner ignored my question and instructed Bertholdt and Ymir, "BERTHOLDT, YOU CHECK IF THEYRE STILL BEHIND US, YMIR, TAKE THE BLONDE HUMAN BACK TO THE ROOM. ILL TAKE CARE OF ANNIE AND EREN."

Bertholdt and Ymir both shouted back "UNDERSTOOD" they immediately parted ways.

"WHATS GOING ON!?! WHY'RE WE RUNNING AWAY!?!" I shouted at Reiner.

He sighed, still running, "SOMEONE CAUGHT US. WE HAVE TO RUN RIGHT NOW!!!"

Bertholdt appeared, shouting behind Reiner, "THEYRE HERE!!!"

Reiner turned around, "BERTHOLDT!!! WHERE ARE THEY!?!"

"RIGHT BEHIND US!!"

I was about to turn around, all of a sudden Reiner grabbed my hair and turned my head back to its position, almost making my neck break.

I screeched as I covered the nape of my neck, "WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?!"

"DONT TURN AROUND!!!"

"WHY!?! WHATS WITH YOU GUYS AND THESE OTHER PEOPLE-"

A familiar screamed, "EREN!!!"

I turned around. It was...Mikasa and Armin? When I turned back, I saw them leaving running ahead. I was about to follow them until Armin shouted,

"EREN!!! DONT GO WITH THEM!!! GO WITH US INSTEAD!!! YOU DONT NEED TO GO AGAINST HUMANITY. YOU MAY BE A TITAN, YOURE STILL HUMAN!!"

That speech made Annie hesitate as well. I shouted back since our distance was far, "I NEED TO DO THIS!!! MY FATHER TOLD ME THIS IS WHO I REALLY AM!!!"

"YOUR FATHER'S A MAD SCIENTIST!!! AND HES NOT YOU!!! YOURE YOU!!! SINCE BOTH OF YOUR PARENTS ARE GONE, YOU GET TO CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY!!! TRUST ME, EREN. THIS IS WHO YOU REALLY ARE!!!"

I but my lip and went with Armin and Mikasa. They squeezed me when I went to their side. Annie walked past us, "let's go, the Titans are really dangerous, you do not wanna mess with them."

~~~end of time lapse~~~
*back to Connie's POV*

"So? What're we gonna do now?" I asked Eren curiously as I played with my pen.

"We get back at the Titans...that's what we're gonna do. Since they're serious. Instead of attacking them, let's...prank them..."

Me and Sasha smirked at each other, saying simultaneously, "our time...has finally come."