Chapter 49 - End of Days

August 14, 2015, Friday.

This was the last day of the one-week school affairs celebration. But this is it, Lauren's reign as the SSG president will now come to an end. This will be her final year. Kaya ngayon, gusto niya nang formally humanap ng papalit sa kanya as the president of the SSG, someone na tatakbo next year pagkagraduate niya. She needs someone to carry on her good deeds kahit wala na siya.

Lauren texted her SSG companions na may meeting sa restaurant nina Johanna sa Financial District. Sagot niya na ang lahat ng mga kasama. Kasama ni Lauren ang mga favourite teachers niya. Sayang, hindi makakasama ang principal due to her busy schedule. The principal dubbed Lauren as "The Iron Woman of Escoda State High School." Some of Lauren's few selected classmates and schoolmates are invited, pati si Celine na school rival niya. Also, invited din ang mga natalo na teammates niya nung nakaraang eleksyon. Even Nash was invited too.

That evening, everyone arrived at Johanna's restaurant. Mitch arrived in her new personal car, a brand-new 2016 Porsche Boxster, provided to her by the Valientes Group, but it was driven by her boyfriend Eric dahil nagrerecover pa siya sa injuries na natamo niya. Johanna herself was there, and gave the VIP rooftop area for them to celebrate.

"So guys, I gave you this area for you to celebrate, at dahil special din si Lauren sa akin. Enjoy your night guys! Just call me if you need help." Johanna said, then she gave Lauren the keys to the VIP rooftop area.

"Thanks ate Johanna! We'll use it very well po." Lauren said.

"And congrats pala Lauren ah, gagraduate ka na! And enjoy the celebration pala ah!" Johanna smiled.

There were lots of Italian-American food na sinerve ngayon, some are spaghetti bolognese, chicken alfredo, meat lovers pizza and chicken wings. A draft Amstel beer was also served. Time na rin ito to let her team socialize with everyone. Kumbaga, it's time to bridge the gap. Walang problema sa food and drinks, ang importante, magkaroon ng kasiyahan ang formal na pagpapaalam ni Lauren. Dahil sa kanila, napuno ang parking lot ng restaurant ni Johanna ng magagandang sasakyan. This is the first time that Sharmaine rode in her car, a Mini Clubman.

"Lauren, seryoso ka? Ganito kabongga ang party mo for us? Grabe, ganito ka pala talaga kabuti ah!" Celine said as she arrived. Celine owns a 2013 Volkswagen Golf car.

"Oo naman. And it's time to make peace with you Celine, as a friendly rival." Lauren replied. "Wala eh, gagraduate na tayo eh!"

"Tama ka nga naman Lauren! Oo, oras na para i-set aside lahat ng karibalan natin. Para sa betterment ng school diba?" Celine said.

"Yes, for the betterment of our school." Lauren replied with a smile.

And the party dinner has begun. Everyone was enjoying the food. Good atmosphere pag nasa rooftop sila kumakain. Everyone was enjoying the food at Johanna's restaurant. Lahat ay nagkukwentuhan at nagtatawanan. The night sky and the surrounding buildings are perfect for this great night of gathering.

"Well, Lauren. Sulit na sulit ang place na pinaggatheran natin ah! Ang sarap ng food, and the wine was perfect!" Avie smiled.

"Thanks ma'am. Solid dito sa restaurant ng classmate ni ate." Lauren replied.

"Anyway Lauren, why did you gather us here tonight?" Dara asked.

"Mga ma'am, I need your help po. It's my time to say goodbye dahil ilang months na lang po ang nalalabi sa akin as the SSG president." Lauren replied.

"Mahaba pa naman ang oras mo as a president ah?" Zhenne said.

"Ma'am, mabilis lang po ang oras. Gusto ko pong pumalit sa akin yung may heart na maglingkod tulad ng nagawa ko para sa school ko. And also, sana po ang mapili ninyo ay may wisdom din." Lauren replied.