Chapter 52 - The Rise of Lauren

September 2015.

Lauren was being scouted by some prestigious colleges in Promenada for being a skillful volleyball player, and for being a very intellegent student, and for being a revolutionary SSG leader. Nakikilala siya sa Promenada as the SSG president na tumulong sa community nila, and being famous for starting a revolution na nagsiwalat ng corruption ng principal at mga department heads ng kanyang school. She was being known in some other schools in Escoda for making the students trust the SSG.

It's time for Lauren to decide kung saang college siya papasok. Kung anong kurso ang papasukan niya, kung anong magiging kinabukasan niya.

September 4, 2015, Friday.

Lauren became the team captain of the Escoda State volleyball for the last time. For the school, she was treated as if she is the Francesco Totti, or the Alfredo Di Stefano of the volleyball. The school ultras in fact chant more loud and passionate when Lauren is in the court.

And that day, is the day that Lauren did something legendary for her team.

City of Escoda Stadium.

The football stadium of Lauren's favourite team was used for the finals of the volleyball. Lauren's friends and family are watching from the VIP area in the ringside area. And it's noticable that Mary was also watching, supporting Lauren. Umaapaw ang stadium, and the atmosphere is like in European football. Escoda State has ultras, habang wala naman ang Escoda Island.

14-13. Lamang ang kalaban nila, ang Escoda Island High School. The ultras of Escoda State are chanting really loud, trying to motivate the whole team, and the atmosphere is like a European football match, you'll never hear the crowd stop singing and chanting for their teams. Flags and pyros are waving in the air.

The Escoda Island started the set, with Faith Nisperos recieving the set. Faith passed it to the setter, Michelle Cobb. Cobb sets it to Lauren!

Lauren's soul is flaming. She jumped with all of her strength....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.... jumped and spiked the ball over the two blockers of Escoda Island, and Lauren scored! It's her 30th points and the score is tied to 14-14! The supporters of Escoda State went wild!

And now it's time for Lauren's teammate to serve the ball. And that was a good serve with a bad reception na nauwi sa free-ball. Rica Rivera, the libero, catches the free-ball very well. Rivera passes it to Cobb, Cobb sets it to Lauren, Lauren jumped high and spiked the ball but was blocked by the defender of Escoda Island, but Rica Rivera chases it and passes it again to Cobb, Cobb catches it, and set to Faith Nisperos, but denied again by the two blockers of Escoda State! This time, Lauren chased the ball and gives a pass to Cobb, and Cobb set it back to Lauren, this time, Lauren jumped high again, and scored over the blockers of Escoda State, scoring her 31th points and taking the lead! 15-14 na ang score.

The crowd and the supporters of Escoda State are now getting wild! Hopefully, they could win this final and this trophy!

Lauren closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and prayed to God.

"Lord Jesus, guide me. Let Your Presence be upon me. Guide me and my team to championship!" Lauren murmured as her teammate prepared to serve the ball.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Kinabahan ang libero ng Escoda Island. She over passed it, with the ball flying over the net of Escoda State.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The ball is heading towards Lauren, so with the power of God, bumuwelo si Lauren, jumped high from the backrow, and spiked it, with the blockers caught off-guard!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And Lauren scored, bringing Escoda State Lady Thunders to victory, 16-14!!!! The loud roar of Escoda State supporters are heard!