Chapter 15 - Lauren's Best Time of her life

It's the do-or-die semifinals game between the State of Escoda High School vs Greater Escoda High School. But the day before the game, Coach Carlene gave her players a motivational talk. They're inside the locker room and the training's just done.

"Okay girls, gather here. Let's do a little motivational talk." Coach Carlene said. And the team gathered around. And they listened carefully to what Coach Carline's going to say."

"Guys, tomorrow is the do-or-die game against Greater Escoda. We all know that last year, we were being defeated by them in this tournament, and in the National High School League. Bukas, ibigay natin ang magandang laban na mayroon tayo, kahit na underdogs tayo. I remember a story in the Bible. It's a story about King David. King David is going to face a giant named Goliath. Goliath has a height of 9 feet, with heavy armour on his body plus he's wielding a deadly sword, spear and a javelin. But David's physical weapon is nothing but a slingshot. But there is a great weapon that will bring David victory. Hindi iyon physical weapon! And her weapon is the Power of God that's living inside of him! Goliath mocked David for he's a little person, while Goliath is a giant. But with the help of God, David defeated Goliath with a throw of slingshot in the head!" Coach Carline said.

And the players were amazed and become inspired by Coach Carline's motivational talk.

"And you girls be like, wow! That's a great motivation! And this is what I mean. Just continue to give God the glory in our match tomorrow. Many people will say that we are underdogs, but let's be proud of it. We will fight this great fight of faith. If we give the glory, we will be victorious! And girls, if we will win tomorrow, it's great! And if we lose, it's going to be great too. For whenever we win or lose, we will give all of the glory to God. And by the strength of God, we will overcome! Yes, we will overcome! Are you with me girls?!" Coach Carline said. And they put their hands together.

"Let's go Escoda, let's go!" the whole team chanted.

February 17, 2015 - Tuesday

Set 5 12-12. Both teams were tied. The Escoda Gym's packed with supporters. And the ultras of the State of Escoda High chanted louder and louder, with the students joining in, and raising their supporters scarves. They chanted to the tune of You'll Never Walk Alone. And they chanted repeatedly, "Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, for your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart, and you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone!" (Note: You'll Never Walk Alone is a famous football song) And the atmosphere of the volleyball game was when you're watching a football game! From the beginning, ganoon na ang atmosphere ng laro. All of Lauren's classmates are watching, even her mum and her ate Kate, na naghalf-day sa work para lang mapanood si Lauren. If Lauren's team wins the game, for the first time in the school's history, they will advance to the finals.

From the commentator's perspective, let's watch the game. Gretchen Ho and Anton Roxas are the commentators for the game.

Gretchen: Wow. Listen to the crowd! That's like we're watching a football game! From the beginning of the match, ganito na ang atmosphere ng mga supporters ng State of Escoda Lady Thunders. From football to any sports, ganito sila sumuporta for the team. I hope that every high school in this country must adopt this kind of atmosphere.

Anton: Tama ka Gretch. And to be honest, hindi na kita marinig. At kinikilabutan ako. Okay, the number 12 of the Greater Escoda Lady Attackers is going to serve the ball. Wow, Michelle Cobb misrecieves the ball and it's a service ace for Greater Escoda! Our score is 12-13. Two points na lang and the Lady Attackers will advance to the finals.

Gretchen: Woah, I think that the on the side of State of Escoda, they're getting nervous. Huwag silang ma-oovercome ng nervousness and they will lose this match. Sayang ang magandang laban kapag ganoon. Back to the game. Number 12's going to serve the ball again. And this time, Therese Gaston with a great reception. She passes the ball to Cobb, Cobb with a set to Madayag, Madayag with a quick hit but blocked by Faith Nisperos! Rica Rivera's catches the ball swiftly and passes it to Cobb. Cobb sets it to Lauren, Lauren with a spike over the blockers of Greater Escoda and she scores for the Lady Thunders!!! Wow!!!