Chapter 22 - Kate's Graduation Day

As early as 6 in the morning, Lauren's awake and started to write her blog. It's a beautiful day today, hindi dahil sa magandang panahon pero gagadrauate na ang ate niyang si Kate ng college and very soon, she'll be getting her job!

"I'm so excited for this! Gagraduate na si ate!" Lauren said as she typed some words on the Microsoft Word.

7:18 A.M.

Everyone's busy cooking the feast for Kate's graduation, lalo na ang mga recently promoted chefs na sina Jane at Daniella. Sa labas, may nag-lelechon. Nireto ni Christian sina Happylou para sa lechon. Kausap ni Lauren ngayon si Happylou.

"Sabi ng classmate kong si Christian, kayo daw ang may pinakamasarap na lechon ngayon ah. It's a privilege na kayo ang napili namin na magluto ng lechon for my ate's graduation." Lauren smiled.

"Salamat ma'am sa pagpili sa amin! We will do our best to serve the most delicious lechon ever!" Happylou said.

"That's great! We can't wait for that!" Lauren smiled.

As she went outside to have a stroll, she saw her mum talking to a guy. Looks like they are happy talking to each other. Lauren approached her mum.

"Good morning mum!" Lauren said to Rita.

"H-hey! Good morning anak!" Rita said to Lauren. Rita's kind of stuttering, though.

"Mum, sino po ang kausap niyo?" Lauren asked.

"Ah, siya nga pala ang business partner namin. His name is Sir William. This is my daughter, Lauren." Rita said.

"Hello, Lauren! It's nice to meet you!" William said and they shake hands with Lauren.

"Nice to meet you too sir!" Lauren said with a smile.

"Anyway nak, let us talk first at maglakad-lakad ka muna, okay?" Rita said.

"Sige po ma. Bye!" Lauren said, and she walked away.

Medyo nauutal si mama habang tinatanong ko siya, bakit kaya? Lauren thought.

"Whew, muntik na tayo duon ah!" Rita said.

"Sana sinabi mo na sa kanya ang totoo, na ako ang tatay niya." William said.

"Ayoko pa, baka magulat siya at hindi niya matanggap iyon! Give me some time to reveal the truth, okay?" Rita said.

And as Lauren walked with her headphones, she asked herself, "May tinatago ba si mama?"

11:17 A.M, Isidro Athletic Stadium, Escoda City.

The 56,003 capacity football stadium which is the the home to JP's favourite local football team was rented by Kate's school for the graduation ceremony. It's still cold though the sun was shining.

And the graduation march started. Lauren and Rita watched her daughter Kate walk towards the pitch where the ceremonies are. Lauren took a lot of pictures with Kate smiling as she walked towards the graduation stage. It was a proud moment for Lauren and the rest of the family. Mas lalong naging proud si Rita dahil nakikita niyang nagbubunga ang pag-aalaga at naging mayabong ang naging pagaaral ni Kate. Sinong magulang ba naman ang hindi magiging proud na naka-graduate sa college ang anak nila?

But this is a surprise.

"Students and parents, let's give a standing ovation to our magna cum laude, Kate Jeremy Santos!"

Rita was being overwhelmed by surprise and happiness! Hindi sinabi ni Kate kay Rita na gagraduate siyang may honours! Rita cried in happiness as she saw her daughter Kate climb on the stage.

"We would like to call the parents of Kate. Please come and join her in the stage to receive the magna cum laude certificate. Sorry if we did this by surprise. Kate wants to surprise her parents that she will graduate with highest honours!" the emcee said. Rita and Lauren went towards the stage to join Kate. And Kate went up the stage with her head up high, and together with her mum, she receive the magna cum laude certificate with her mum. Lauren took a picture of the moment that Kate received her certificate and medal. What a happy day for the Santos family!