Chapter 10 - Lauren, the SSG president

(Take note: 1 Promenadian dollar is equal to 150 pesos - this note was also posted in Chapter 1 of this story.)

This is the day of the life of Lauren as the SSG president.

"And anyway, nakagawa na pala ako ng SSG plan for the whole year of 2015. Eto siya. But I'll discuss it next week. Matagal ito kapag ngayon natin pinagusapan." Lauren said. Andrea's starting to write down the summary of the meeting, para ma-bookkeeping.

"Okay. Bali anong topic natin ngayon, Lau?" Mico asked.

"Let's talk about the upcoming events that the English club has organised. By the way, salamat pala kay Kirsten for relaying the information regarding the English club events." Lauren answered.

"You're welcome, Lauren!" Kirsten said.

"First of all, next Monday, the English club of our school will organise and host the Escoda City Spelling Bee. Madaming schools daw ang mag-paparticipate. Pero exclusive lang siya sa mga schools na located sa Escoda City. Sino ang mag-rerepresent sa school natin pala?" Lauren started.

"The winner of the last year's quiz bee will represent our school. And the winners are Louise Wilkins, a sophomore student and Carlos Pimentel, freshman student." Kirsten replied to Lauren's question.

"Louise Wilkins? Yung transfer student na galing ng America?" Lauren asked again.

"Yes, she is." Kirsten replied.

"Thanks for your answer, Kirsten. Then, secondly, sabi mo nga pala Kirsten na mangugutang ng pondo ang English club sa SSG club. Magkano ang kailangan na pondo ng English club for this one-day event?" Lauren asked.

"We will need 750 dollars for the event expenses, like for example, food and water for the contestants and staff, honorarium for the judges and the staff. We will also rent the nearby Escoda Arena but so far, someone has sponsored the payment for the arena rental. And we will also pay for the sound and light rental. Madami ang aattend for this event. Sold-out na ang tickets. For the prize money, the English club has already provided it. All we need to borrow from the SSG fund is the expenses for the event. At eto pa, the president of our club has invited a band to play at the event. We will also give the band a honorarium. This will be the most expensive event that the English club will organise in the school history. The school principal and the head of the English department has approved this plan. The head has told us to loan from you." Kirsten answered.

"Ang tanong, bakit nag-invite pa ang club ninyo ng banda? Anong purpose nun?" Carla asked.

"Para daw ma-entertain ang mga students. Most of the club members are against it, to be honest. But in the end, they still agreed to this matter." Kirsten answered.

"I see. So Carla and Jem, are you going to approve this loan?" Lauren asked. "Magkano ang matitira sa SSG funds kung i-aapprove niyo ito?" Lauren asked.

"Mayroon pa po tayong 18,000 dollars. May nagbayad po pala sa atin ng utang, yung men's football team president. Yung inutang nila na 4,000 dollars for their team expenses, bayad na po nung December. So, from 14,000, naging 18k na po." Jem answered. "We are going to approve this loan."

"Okay, thanks, Jem and Carla. Give the loan to the club treasurer as soon as possible. And guys, we will watch this spelling bee and support our school representatives for this event. I believe that this spelling bee you've organised will be successful." Lauren said.

"Salamat po!" Kirsten said.

"Okay, let's move on guys. Secondly, this Third week of February, the Drama Club, in cooperation of the English club, will organise a theatre play. So, what's up with that, Kirsten? How can we help you with that?" Lauren asked.