Flamel, Slytherins, Dragons, and 'Rats'

A/N-  I believe most of you know this song... it is " drivers license" by Olivia Rodrigo

For the rest of the Christmas holidays, the cloak remained folded at the bottom of Harry's trunk. But Harry couldn't stop thinking of what he had seen in the mirror. He started having nightmares. Soon after Percy too woke up panting in the middle of the night. Thinking of the friends he lost and what he could have had had he not went on that field trip.

" Looks like Dumbledore was right eh Perce," Harry spoke as the trio walked to the Quidditch fields. Annabeth and Harry had a date with the devil this morning. Wood had been working them like a fanatic to win the next game. If they won this next game against Hufflepuff they would take over Slytherin in the race for the house cup. The two teammates were dragging Percy along to watch them suffer.

"About what Harry?" Percy questioned.

" Remember when he said many who looked in the mirror went mad from what they witnessed?"

"yes.. are you saying you're going mad?"

"Well no, but I been having nightmares about my parents. And I assume when you wake up in the middle of the night you're too having bad dreams."

"Oh, ya I guess he was right," Percy muttered and walked to the stadium benches to watch our practice.

" What's up with him?" Harry asked Annabeth, jabbing a thumb in his direction.

" I don't know, but I will find out later today in Mr. Brunner's class."

Harry and Annabeth ran off to join to Weasley twins, who were complaining about their ever so cheerful Captain.

***

Nicolas Flamel was still a problem. They had almost given up hope of ever finding a mention of Flamel in a library book. Harry was still sure he had read the name somewhere, where was the question. They had taken to skimming the books over and over again during their breaks. Unfortunately because of their Captain, Annabeth and Harry had even less time. Adding to that Snape was referring to their next match. He never referees a match, and now suddenly he has chosen to. Hermione seemed to think this was part of his scheme to steal that package that Fluffy is hiding.

" Come on you guys don't think that's even a little suspicious?! Harry, you can't play the game."

" I have to Hermione!"
"No you don't they'll be fine without you. Pretend to break your leg or something!"

" Actually break your leg, it's more believable," Nico added.
" We don't have a backup seeker Hermione, he has to play!" Annabeth exclaimed.

At that moment Neville toppled into the common room. His legs looked like they were locked together. How he'd managed to hop through the portrait was anyone's guess. The curse that had been placed upon him they'd recognize to be a Leg-Locker curse. Most people in the room fell over laughing except for Hermione and Annabeth. They performed the counter curse and lifted him up to his feet.

" What happened Neville?" Hermione asked, leading to their spot in the crowded room.

"Malfoy," said Neville shakily. " I met him outside the library. He said he'd been looking for someone to practice on."

" Go to Professor McGonagall!" Percy urged him as he joined the conversation. Hermione glared in his direction but turned her attention back to Neville.

"I don't want more trouble," he mumbled.

" You have to stand up to him, Neville!" said Ron. " He's used to walking all over people, but that's no reason to lie down in front of him and make it easier."