Unknown End

A/N- Hey ya'll. This is the second to last chapter of Chosen Ones! One more after this and this book will be coming to an end.  Song name: "Counting Stars" by OneRepublic. This song was my childhood.

Percy

I shut my eyes in the apprehension of the apparition feeling, but none came. I opened my eyes to see Dumbledore staring at me like a creep.

"You won't be going with them, Mr. Jackson. You need to help Harry. And luckily I have the power to do that."

I nodded and stood up from my spot on the floor and Dumbledore whisked me away.

Harry

I gasped. Standing in the yellow light room was our familiar shaky, scaredy-cat defense against the dark arts teacher. Percy was right, it was never Snape. It was Quirrell the whole time.

"You!" I exclaimed.

"Me," he stated calmly.

"But I thought-"

Another voice cut me off.

" That it was Snape? No, he was trying to stop Quirrell in a way that wouldn't bring attention to him. It didn't work obviously, instead, you guys thought it was Snape. " I turned to see Percy standing just in front of the flames.

I gaped at him. How did he get here? Percy strolled forward to my side. His face looked deadly calm, yet his eyes were swirling with energy. Quirrell was staring at us, head tilted like we were prey. Something was off about him. The stuttering was gone, the hesitation and caution non-existent. I looked to Percy again and was standing tall, slowly taking his wand out. He stepped in front of me, like a barrier between me and whatever evil possessed Quirrell.

"We know you want the stone Quirrell and you sure as hell aren't going to get." His strong voice rang throughout the room.

"Whose going to stop me?" He hissed, his voice becoming unnatural and raspy.

A dark smoke seeped out of the turban, swirling around his body. A face started forming through the smoke. I gasped, it was Voldemort or a deformed version of him.

"Get the stone!" He spoke."Use the mirror!"

I looked around the fire-lit room, in the corner was the Mirror of Erised. Dumbledore said it showed you what you truly desired. Maybe it will show him the stone? But how will he get it?

Percy and I stood and watched as Quirrell stood in front of the mirror. Percy didn't look like he was going to do anything. I think he wanted to see what Quirrell was going to do.

" I see the stone, presenting it to my master... but where is it?"

I attempted to distract Quirrel. " I thought Snape hated me?"

"Oh, he does," said Quirrell casually, "heavens, yes. He was at Hogwarts with your father, didn't you know? They loathed each other. But he never wanted you dead."

Percy waved at me to continue the conversation. He tipped toed into Quirrell's blind spot, behind him

" How do you know this? I questioned him.

"My master tells me everything," he said, still facing the mirror.

"Your master is Voldemort, yes," I glanced at Percy. He was crouched behind a pillar, inching

"Yes,"

"Has he always been with you?"

"Yes."