Whiners, Unicorns, and Glowy Hands

Song: "How to Save a Life" by The Fray

3rd POV

Harry went from most popular to most hated in the span of hours. No one has ever lost 150 points in one go. Even the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs turned against him. Everyone wanted to see someone other than Slytherin win the house cups. The Quidditch game had put Gryffindor in the lead but with that lead gone Harry was out of luck. He asked Wood if it would be better to resign but Wood said that would make it worse because without Harry Gryffindor would have no Seeker.

Snape and Quirrell had another small disagreement in the hallway that made the group believe that 'Snape' got past the anti-dark force spells.

They had a week before exams were expected to start. Percy and Annabeth attempted to make Harry dive into a new resolution of not interfering in anything that didn't concern him. That obviously didn't happen.

Harry was walking back from the library on his own that afternoon, he heard somebody whimpering from a classroom up ahead. As he drew closer, he heard Quirrell's voice.

"No-no- not again, please"

It sounded as though someone was threatening him. Harry moved closer.

"All right-all right-" he heard Quirrell sob.

The next second Quirrell came hurrying out of the classroom straightening his turban. He was pale and looked as though he was about to cry. He strode out of sight; Harry didn't think Quirrell even noticed him. After he walked past Harry peaked into the classroom, it was empty but a door was ajar at the other end. He was halfway to it before he remembered his goal of not being nosy. Even with that, he would gamble twelve sorcerer's stones that Snape had just left the room, and from what Harry had just heard, Snape would be walking with a new spring in his step Quirrell seemed to have given in at last. Harry rushed back to the library to relay the information back to the group, Hermione included. They discussed talking to Dumbledore but unfortunately, they had no proof and how as going to listen to the word of a first year.

So now they had to go to detention, an hour before midnight, in the forbidden forest. Just great.

Will

At eleven o'clock, Ron, Harry, and I said goodbye to our friends and headed to the entrance hall, Filch and Malfoy waiting as they walked up.

"Follow me," said Filch, lighting a lamb and leading them outside. I bet you'll think twice about breaking a school rule again won't you, eh?" He spoke, leering at them.

***

We reached the edge of the forest, Hagrid waiting for us, Fang sniffing around near his feet. Harry and Ron let out a little sigh of relief, loud enough for Filch to hear.

" I suppose you think you'll be enjoying yourself with that oaf? Well think again, boys- it's into the forest you're going and I'm much mistaken if you'll all come out in one piece."

I was a little miffed at his jab. " Actually Mr. Filch we're relieved because Hagrid will keep us safe from the dangers of the Forbidden Forest you keep speaking about. If I remember correctly students are not to venture into the forest and yet here we are. So excuse me if we are relieved to have an 'oaf', as you say, to keep us from harm. I'm sure you wouldn't go into the forest without a giant to protect you either."

Filch growled slightly stepping closer to me. As he opened his mouth to spit out a reply Hagrid stepped between us.

"That's enough Filch, wander back to the castle would you," Hagrid's gruff voice cut through the tense air.