Will(Ch.22)

A/N- Hey guys it has been a while. I have no excuse except being lazy. Hopefully I will have another update ready by the end of today. If not, tomorrow. (The song is called 'People Like Us' by Kelly Clarkson. It is a great song and has a nice message. I thought it related a bit to the demigod life. Or really any body who feels  different.)

Will
I was adjusting well to the Hogwarts atmosphere. Although I was sad that I wasn't with Nico, I was glad that Hufflepuffs were friends with everyone. If we ever needed to gather information I would be the best person to do it since the Hufflepuffs are like the neutral house. They don't hate any house and they don't have houses that hate them. The people are as kind as they are expected to be, there are some outliers. For example, Zacharius Smith. He has a weird, suspicious aura around him. Like most people seem like they are just friends with him because they don't want to make him feel left out. I am sure there he isn't evil or anything. Just makes me a little suspicious because he himself is always suspicious about the others around him. Ernie Macmillian is a nice guy, but seems to always believe the rumors that are going around. Susan Bones, Hannah Abbot and him are all part of the group I have joined. We hang out together a lot more than any POV the other people we know. I have been meaning to talk to Nico, but I just haven't had the time. I see him walking the halls with either Thalia or by himself. Sometimes the rest of the demigods as well as Harry, Ron, and Hermione join them.
The first day of classes went surprisingly well. I have the same classes on the same days as gryffindor does , just at the different times. The only class I have with Gryffindor is Herbology, which is tomorrow. That is when I plan to talk to Nico,either before or after.
***Timeskip to that night***
It was after dinner and I was in the common room finishing up my home room. Our dorms our in the cellar. The entrance is concealed in a stack of large barrels ina nook on the right hand side of the kitchen corrridor. To enter we must tap the second barrel from the bottom, middle of the second row, in the rhythm of 'Helga Hufflepuff'. The lid to that barrel will swing open revealing a toasty warm common room with tables, sofas, and a fireplace. On the wall hung patchwork quilts that looked handmade. The domprnatories were decorated the same way. It reminded me of an old southern styled home. My bed was closest to the door which was good in case I needed to secretly leave in the middle of the night. My cat, Nikki, was exploring the new area, occasionally jumping on things and people. Most didn't mind, some even smiled, but one girl, the prefect Penelope Clearwater, screamed her head off and dived under a four poster bed in my dorm. She had come to remind my dorm mates and I about curfew and classes. Nikki slicked under Ernie Macmillians bed and stared at Penelope curiously. Penelope,who was shaking in fear, screamed every time Nikki moved. Once Nikki got tired of staring she slowly slinked closer to Penelope until she was right in front of her face. She stared for a second until, rubbing her body on Penelope's face and body. It calmed her down enough to rush out from under the bed and stare at the cat. She slowly turned to me, and raspy did what she came to do and left. I saw Nikki slowly creeping after her, trying not to be noticed. I grabbed he and placed her and the end of my bed. He face scrunched, and looked at me, almost as if she was saying, "Hey, that was my new friend why did you let her leaaaavee," I gave her a smirk, fed her a treat and hopped into bed. I hope tomorrow was as good as today........ "oh shoot scratch that,"I thought before I fell into a dream filled sleep. I knew because of a slight magically film was slowly being placed around my head. It had happened many times before so I wasn't as worried, even if demigod dreams almost always mean something bad. I should have been worried cause I didn't notice the slight change in the way the film felt on my bed. Almost a slight pain to it, as if the person placing it didn't want to to do it, but was forced to.....