Plain Sight

Percy

I am so proud of my mom. She lived her whole life knowing she could die at any moment. Knowing any of here family could die at any moment. Even though I should resent her for not telling the truth, I don't for many reasons. One bring that she is my mother, and two being that I don't hold grudges. No matter how hard I try, I can't. Unless of course they hurt my family. Then they are dead meat. But I do wish I didn't have this life. The life of always being on alert and always having to watch your backs. I kind of want to live a normal life. But if I had been born into a different family, I might've never met my friends, and have never met Annabeth, my Wise Girl. The love of my life. Without my mom and the prophecy's that I've been through, I would have stayed the loner kid at my schools, the one with no friends and no life. That I wish upon no one.

***

I walked out of my apartment wondering how many times I would be caught in some big prophecy. Probably a lot considering how my life has been so far. Hopefully this one won't lead to me fighting some divine god or goddess that is dead set on killing me. But, that is never the case.

"Hey Percy, do you have an idea of why you were chosen?" Hazel asked out of the blue. Huh, it looks like I zoned out.

"Uh, what?"

"Do you know why your were chosen to be the main guy for this prophecy? Pay attention next time Kelp Head," Thalia informed.

"Oh, actually I have an idea. You know how in the list of God's I am related too, Poseidon was not once mentioned. I believe since I am a son of Poseidon and he is the only god that hasn't had an affair with one of my family members, that makes me the most powerful. Plus, my mom wasn't the son or daughter of any god, just demigods. ".Annabeth and everyone else looked kind of shocked?

"Good theory Percy, why did it I think of that?!" Annabeth exclaimed.

"Maybe  you were overthinking the situation. I tend to just go for a simple answer, you go for the more complicated one. The answer was right in front of you. Hidden in plain sight, one would say." I replied honestly. Annabeth, as well as most of my friends, looked like they were about to faint. Was it that hard to believe that I can be smart? Eh, who knows. "But don't get me wrong, your guesses could be right as well. We don't even know if I am right or wrong. It is, after alL, just a theory. We have to talk to Poseidon for that, only he knows whether we are right or wrong. So, how about we get going," I continued after a long pause. We had been standing outside the apartment complex for like 10 minutes. If we wanted to get to an audience with my dad. We would have to be quick. The palace gates close at 11:00pm. It is 9:00 at the moment. We have two hours to swim to the depths of the Mariana Trench, wait for permission to meet with my father, and then walk through the gigantic palace as well as it's gardens to get to the throne room. That is going to take a while.

A/N: My aunt might have her baby soon, so if I go MIA. This update is so your not complete clueless as to what happens next in this story. This is a short update though. But, at least it is something.....Peace-Out demigods......😅😂

😅😂