TaeTae the Babysitter

Something wakes Seokjin up. He doesn't know whether it's Yoongi shifting next to him or the footsteps coming towards their bedroom... It's the footsteps.

"Papa!" TaeTae exclaims as he bursts into the room and jumps on Seokjin.

"Oh! Morning, baby." Seokjin grunts, patting the little on the back. Beside him, Yoongi groans and covers his head with his pillow.

"Dada, wake up! Has get Kookie!" The little yells, bouncing up and down. Yoongi groans again as he moves the pillow to rest on his stomach.

"No, Uncle Joonie and Jimin are bringing Kookie. They won't be here for another..." Yoongi trails off as he looks to Seokjin. The eldest laughs as he checks the time.

"They won't be here for another four hours. Unless they decide to leave sooner. Which I would do." Seokjin states, earning a chuckle from Yoongi.

"Babe, it's Namjoon and Jimin we're talking about. They're going to be late. Like usual." Yoongi chuckles, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. TaeTae giggles before climbing down from the bed.

"Where are you going, early bird?" Seokjin asks as he watches the little back out of the room.

"Toons!" The little answers before running out of the room.

"I told you. We don't need an alarm clock with him." Yoongi mutters as he sits up. Seokjin rolls his eyes before getting out of bed.

"Shut up."

~~~~~

"TaeTae, watching through the window will not bring Kookie faster." Seokjin chuckles, patting the little on the back on his way to the kitchen.

"They're late." TaeTae whines, looking back at his papa. His dada is lying on the couch watching TV, something TaeTae has no interest in at the moment.

"I told you they would be. Joon probably forgot something." Yoongi jokes, turning to look at TaeTae who's still looking out the window.

"Probably." Seokjin mutters as he sets about cooking.

TaeTae continues to watch the window... and it's only minutes later when he gasps and runs to open the door.

"Kookie!" He squeals, smiling at the little being carried by his uncle Joonie. Kookie squeals back, reaching out for TaeTae and almost making his daddy drop him.

"Woah. Slow down there, bud." Namjoon chuckles as he adjusts his grip on Kookie.

"TaeTae! What would your papa say about you opening the door like that?" Jimin questions as walks up behind Namjoon. TaeTae smiles sheepishly before turning to look towards the living room. His dada is giving him a hard stare, so he turns to look towards the kitchen to see his papa doing the same. TaeTae gives them a smile before moving to hide behind the trio entering the house.

"Sorry we're late. Joon couldn't find his glasses... and then he couldn't find his phone... and then he left Kookie's bag." Jimin states as he sets Kookie's bag beside Yoongi on the couch.

"Alright, alright! You don't have to tell them everything." Namjoon says quickly, glaring at his boyfriend. The man sets Kookie down on the floor where he and TaeTae start playing immediately.

"Yes, he does. If he didn't, that would mean I didn't raise him well." Seokjin chuckles before turning his attention back to the food he's making.

"Whatever. We'll be back tomorrow night... Maybe." Namjoon says before running out of the house.

"What does he mean by maybe?" Yoongi asks, looking to Jimin. The only response he gets is Jimin running out the door, pulling the door closed as he went.

"Seokjin! I'm going to kill them when they get back." Yoongi exclaims, running a hand through his hair.

"Make sure to do it outside! TaeTae and Kookie don't need to see it." Seokjin responds, making Yoongi smile.

"Dada, Kookie wants to watch TOTS." TaeTae says, scooting closer to the couch. Kookie crawls to sit right next his older friend. This doesn't satisfy TaeTae, so the little pulls the younger boy into his lap.

"Does Kookie really want to watch it or do you just want to watch it, TaeTae?" Yoongi asks, raising an eyebrow. The caregiver looks to Kookie who looks back at him while sucking his thumb. Yoongi wrinkles his nose as he digs a pacifier out of Kookie's bag and replaces the boy's thumb with the paci.

"Both." TaeTae answers, smiling at his dada. Yoongi chuckles before putting the desired show on. The show is a lie but the kids like it so who is he to judge.

~~~~~

An hour later, it's lunch time and...

"TaeTae feed Kookie!" TaeTae exclaims, reaching for the bottle his papa is making. Seokjin chuckles as he finishes making the bottle.

"You sure, bub? That's a lot of responsibility." Seokjin says, keeping the bottle out of the boy's reach.

"TaeTae re–repon–reponseeble." The little states, puffing out his chest. Seokjin quietly laughs before handing the boy the bottle.

"Just be careful, hm?"

"Okay." TaeTae replies, speed-walking to the living room where Yoongi is playing peek-a-boo with Kookie on the couch.

"Dada, TaeTae feed Kookie!" TaeTae exclaims, kneeling on the floor next to Kookie.

"Oh yeah? Well, how will TaeTae eat?" Yoongi asks, tilting his head to the side. TaeTae pauses before grinning.

"TaeTae feed Kookie and me." He answers and Yoongi chuckles in response.

"We'll see, messy eater."

~~~~~

As Yoongi expected, TaeTae couldn't really feed Kookie and himself at the same time. Instead it was more like, TaeTae fed Kookie his bottle or he fed his shirt the mac and cheese his papa had cooked. This of course led to bath time. So...

"TaeTae will clean Kookie." TaeTae offers as Yoongi is running the bath water.

"As much as Dada would appreciate that, Dada will wash Kookie and Papa will wash TaeTae, okay?" Yoongi explains, making the boy pout.

"Okay." TaeTae sighs, playing with his fingers.

"Kookie will sleep with you in your bed so can you go make sure your bed is clean? Do it for Kookie." Yoongi says, glancing at the boy. TaeTae immediately beams and leaves the bathroom.

"Such a good kid."

~~~~~

"Do you want the nightlight on, Tae babe?" Seokjin asks as he's about to leave the room. Kookie is already asleep beside TaeTae, bath time having made him sleepy.

"Yes, please, Papa." TaeTae answers, pulling the blanket up to his face. He doesn't like the dark. Having Kookie beside him makes him feel better but it doesn't completely ease his fear.

Seokjin chuckles as he does as asked, the ceiling being filled with moving, colorful stars.

"Goodnight, Tae babe."

"Goodnight, Papa."