Lullaby

Hyukie is a very hyper boy. He loves to drive his Daddy insane. The thing he hates the most is bedtime.

Yesung loves playing with his baby boy but he hates when night time falls because Hyukie hates it too. He's always had a hard time getting the boy to fall asleep but...

Maybe tonight will be different.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesung and Eunhyuk have a day off together. They both know this so Yesung isn't surprised when he wakes up to his baby boy.

"Daddy! Wake up! Hyukie hungry!" The dark-haired little exclaims as he bounces around on the bed. Luckily, it's a king-sized bed so he has plenty of room to jump around on it without accidentally jumping or falling on his Daddy.

"I'm awake, baby! Go meet me in the kitchen. But don't touch anything!" Yesung orders, sitting up. Hyukie giggles and jumps off the bed, something he'll definitely get scolded for later on, before running out of the room. Yesung hurriedly gets out of bed and follows after him knowing fully well that the little would make a mess of a kitchen if left alone for even a minute.

When Yesung walks in, he sees Hyukie pulling the orange juice out of the fridge so the caregiver quickly walks over and takes it from him before setting it on the counter.

"Go sit at the island," Yesung says and Hyukie nods before scurrying over to sit down, "Pancakes and sausage?"

"Chocolate chip pancakes and sausage!"

"You sure you wanna waste your sweet of the day on pancakes?"

At this, Hyukie hums before answering, "No!"

"Then no chocolate pancakes." Yesung retorts as he sets about pulling out the ingredients. Without turning around, he knows Hyukie is pouting and that's the very reason he's not turning around. Yesung is weak for his baby's pouty face and he refuses to be manipulated into giving him more sweets.

"Okay." Hyukie sighs, lying his head down on the table.

Yesung sets about cooking, never turning around to look at the boy once because he knew his resolve would weaken if he did. Once everything is cooked, plated, and cut up, Yesung sets the table and Hyukie immediately perks up at the sight of food.

"Do you want Daddy to feed you?" Yesung asks, holding onto the second fork in his hand. He really hopes Hyukie will let him feed him but when Hyukie is in an older mindset he typically won't let his Daddy feed him.

"No. Hyukie big boy." Hyukie declares as he holds his hand out for the other fork in his Daddy's hand. Yesung chuckles and reluctantly hands the little the fork and almost coos when Hyukie starts devouring his food.

"Slow down or you'll choke." Yesung warns and Hyukie, being the brat he is, starts to moves his fork hand slowly down towards his plate.

"Yah!"

Hyukie bursts into giggles at his Daddy's flustered face. Yesung groans and shakes his head at Hyukie.

"You said to eat slowly, Daddy."

"I didn't mean it like that, baby."

Hyukie bursts into a laughing fit as Yesung sighs.

"Hyukie will eat normally now." Hyukie giggles and Yesung smiles.

"Thank you, baby."

~~~~~

The rest of the day is spent playing involuntary hide and seek – Hyukie ran off and hid and waited to see how long it'd take for his Daddy to notice he was gone, trying to stop Hyukie from coloring all over the living room, and then bribing the little with candy to get him to sit and watch TV with him. Now it's ten at night and since both of them work tomorrow, they need to go to bed now. But...

"Hyukie isn't tired!" The little exclaims, jumping on their bed. The little has been forcefully bathed and dressed and now Yesung needs to get him to sleep. That's always an issue with the little. Hyukie never wants to sleep when it comes time to.

"If you keep jumping on the bed, you'll lose your sweets for a week." Yesung states, putting his hands on his hips. Hyukie immediately flops down onto the bed and stares at his Daddy expectantly. Yesung sighs as he climbs into bed and holds his arms open for the boy. He's gonna try something Leeteuk suggested a few days ago. He's not sure whether it will work or not but he can at least try it.

Hyukie snuggles into his Daddy's arms and Yesung begins to run his fingers through his baby's hair before he starts to sing.

"Hey doggie, don't bark
My baby sleeps so well
Hey chickie, don't bark
You'll wake my child's sweet sleep
Hush hush my baby
My baby sleeps so well

A baby more beautiful than the moon
A baby more beautiful than the stars
Hush hush my baby
My baby sleeps so well

Hey doggie, don't bark
My baby sleeps so well
Hey chickie, don't bark
You'll wake my child's sweet sleep
Hush hush my baby
My baby sleeps so well

A baby more beautiful than flowers
A baby more precious than gold
Hush hush my baby
My baby sleeps so well"

When Yesung looks down, Hyukie is asleep. He smiles softly, finding his baby absolutely adorable. He would have to thank Leeteuk tomorrow for suggesting and giving him a lullaby. He's almost surprised the lullaby actually worked since he wasn't confident in his voice. But it has worked out well and now all that's left is for him to fall asleep himself.