When Brownie's Sick

Yugyeom hates getting sick. It makes him achy and feel small. He hates stress just as much he does getting sick. Stress just makes him feel small. But stress is a part of his school life.

And too much stress can make the body sick.

~~~~~~

"Projects are due Friday, guys, remember! I want them turned in by eleven fifty-nine that night!" The history teacher exclaims as Yugyeom is the first one out of the class. He didn't want to hear about another project. He already has two more to do and they're due in the next two days and he hasn't worked on any of it because he spent most of his time in his headspace because he'd been freaking out about an assignment due today.

"Gyeomie!"

The brunet practically jumps out of his skin as BamBam pulls him into a backhug. The brunet hadn't even realized that he'd made it outside until he felt a cool breeze blow into his face.

"You alright, baby?" BamBam questions, turning the boy around to look at him. Under the sunlight, the taller boy looks pale, far paler than he should be considering how often the boy's outside in the sun.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Jus' sleepy." Yugyeom slurs, leaning into BamBam. He's not lying. He is sleepy, but he also feels a little dizzy now that he's aware of his surroundings.

"It's a good thing JB hyung is coming to pick us up then," BamBam says before turning around and motioning for Yugyeom to get on his back. Yugyeom does as told, never missing an opportunity for a piggyback ride.

"You're going to sleep as soon as we get home."

"But 'm hungry too." Yugyeom whines, turning his head to look at BamBam. BamBam laughs and then nods.

"You eat first and then sleep. Okay, babe?"

"Okay." Really, Yugyeom needs to eat and then work, else he won't get any of his work done, but he doesn't want to tell BamBam that. If he tells BamBam, then BamBam's gonna tell their hyungs and he doesn't want to get scolded for not doing his work when he actually did try to get his work done but couldn't because of stress.

~~~~~~

If BamBam and Youngjae hadn't insisted on helping him sleep, Yugyeom would have worked on the projects that were due in the next couple of days. But since his hyungs lulled him to sleep and by the time he woke up again it was almost twelve in the morning, the brunet went back to sleep. But not before crying for thirty minutes since he was alone and his stomach had started to hurt.

It's nine in the morning now... and the first thing Yugyeom does is run for the bathroom because he feels like he's gonna throw up. And he does throw up, but at least he made it to the toilet. When the contents of his stomach are gone and he's done dry heaving, he leans back against the bathroom wall and closes his eyes. His head hurts. His stomach hurts. He feels like he's going to die. He feels like crying... Brownie is crying and he doesn't realize it.

"Yugyeom! What's wrong?!" Jaebum enters the bathroom, panicked as he sees the brunet curled in a ball and crying. It takes some prying before Jaebum successfully gets Yugyeom to uncurl and cling to him instead.

"Huwts... hyungie!" Brownie exclaims, pressing his face into Jaebum's chest. With a small gasp, Jaebum carefully pulls the boy into his lap before placing his hands underneath the boy's legs. He carefully stands up with the boy and carries him to Jinyoung's room where the dark-haired boy is watching something on his phone. Jinyoung promptly drops his phone when he sees the two and doesn't hesitate to take the youngest into his arms.

"He's sick and crying and little, s-so you calm him down while I go get every medicine from the kitchen along with something to drink," Jaebum says quickly before rushing out of the room. Jinyoung looks down at the boy in his arms who sniffles and looks up at his hyung with tears streaming down his face.

Jinyoung quickly wipes the tears away before hugging the little.

"It's okay, baby. Hyungs are gonna take care of you and help you feel better," Jinyoung assures the boy, rubbing his back gently, "Wanna watch cartoons on Jin hyungie's phone?" The dark-haired boy picks up his phone and turns on Netflix before the boy even nods his head.

By the time the two start an episode of Boss Baby: Back in Business, Jaebum runs into the room with an armful of medicine and bottles of apple juice.

"I was in too much of a rush to read what the bottles said so I just brought everything in the cabinet. And his favorite juice." The black-haired man says as he drops everything onto the bed. Jinyoung chuckles before picking up the liquid Tylenol and Mucinex.

"He's hot and he sounds like his nose sounds stuffy," Jinyoung says, reading the instructions on the Tylenol bottle. Brownie whimpers and hides his face in Jinyoung's shoulder.

"Prince, if you want to feel better, you have to take the medicine. After you take the medicine, I promise hyungies will give you all the cuddles and snacks you want. Bummie hyung promises." Jaebum says, hooking his pinky finger with Brownie's. The little whimpers but nods before sitting up straight in Jinyoung's lap to look like a big boy.

"Good boy." Jinyoung praises as he measures out each medicine, handing the Tylenol to Jaebum to give the youngest. Brownie downs the medicine, frowning up at the bitter taste but quickly washes it down with apple juice. When Brownie appears to be ready for the next medicine, Jinyoung hands Jaebum the Mucinex and Brownie downs it just as quickly as the Tylenol and washes the aftertaste away with more apple juice.

"You did so well, prince. So good for your hyungs." Jaebum coos, climbing onto the bed next to Jinyoung so he can pull Brownie into his lap. Brownie clings to his hyung, shivering.

"Are you cold, hun?" Jinyoung asks, receiving a nod from the boy, The dark-haired man immediately pulls his blanket over the boy and, subsequently, Jaebum.

"What do you want to eat, prince? I think Jin hyungie will bring you anything you want." Jaebum says, rubbing the little's tummy. Brownie makes a quiet noise as he thinks over what he could possibly want.

"Applesauce, pease." The little answers quietly, his eyes feeling heavy now. He's sleepy all of a sudden but he really wants his applesauce before he sleeps.

"Okay, Jin hyungie will get you applesauce," Jinyoung says before walking out of the room quickly. In the meantime, Jaebum continues to show Brownie Boss Baby episodes on Jinyoung's phone. It only takes Jinyoung three minutes to return with a small bowl of applesauce and a spoon. Jinyoung carefully climbs onto his bed and settles down next to the pair on the bed. Brownie sluggishly turns in Jaebum's lap so he's facing Jinyoung, a happy gleam in his tired eyes.

"Say 'ah'." Jinyoung mumbles, holding a spoonful of applesauce up to the little's mouth. Brownie eagerly does as told, mustering up his energy to stay awake enough to finish the entire bowl of applesauce.

"Good?" Jinyoung asks as he sets the bowl aside. Brownie nods his head as eagerly as possible without making himself too dizzy before relaxing back against Jaebum; his eyes fluttering shut.

"Are you sleepy, prince?" Jaebum asks, pausing the episode they're watching. Brownie sleepily nods before resettling into Jaebum's lap and closing his eyes.

"Then sleep, baby. It'll help you feel better."

"Otay." Brownie mumbles, letting himself be laid down between his hyungs who lie down with him. Both Jaebum and Jinyoung have an arm wrapped around the little, allowing Brownie to fall asleep easily.

"You think this is school related?" Jinyoung questions quietly, glancing up at Jaebum before looking back down at their baby.

"Probably. I'll interrogate the other two maknaes to see if they know anything. I think BamBam has access to his laptop."

"If you manage to find out what's going on with his school work, I'll actually complete it for him."

"You mean, we'll complete it for him."

"No, I meant I. You're not gonna do much, love." Jinyoung chuckles at the look of disbelief on Jaebum's face.

"Rude."

"But true."