Pway Wit 'ownie!

Mark works from home so that he can spend time with his baby.

Well sometimes, he gets really busy.

Too busy for his baby

~~~~~~

"Daddy... Daddy... Daddy..."

Mark lets out a loud sigh before finally looking up at Brownie, whose eyes and head are the only visible thing at the moment.

"Yes, baby?"

"Work done? Pway wit Bwonie, now?" Brownie asks, blinking those beautiful brown eyes at his daddy. Mark chuckles and reaches across his desk to ruffle the boy's hair.

"No, baby. Daddy still has a lot of work to get done. I'm sorry... How about I call Unci Jack to come play with you?" Mark asks. Brownie stands up straight, fast enough to make his skirt lift up a little. Not that Mark was staring.

"No tanks." The little replies before running out of the room. Mark has half the mind to scold him for running but he knows Brownie wouldn't hear him. The caregiver shakes his head before putting his attention back on his work.

.

.

.

"Pway wit me, pease."

It's only been half an hour and the little has already returned, but Mark is still nowhere near finished with his work. Unfortunately, Brownie doesn't care about that.

"When Daddy finishes his work, he will play with you, baby." The caregiver replies, making Brownie pout.

"Otay," Brownie mutters before slowly walking out of the room. Mark has a hard time stopping himself from calling the boy back to him. He doesn't like to see his baby sad, but he can't take care of his baby if he doesn't do his work.

.

.

.

Mark doesn't know what Brownie could have been doing for two hours, but whatever it was –

The caregiver jumps up from his seat when there's a loud thud followed by an even louder cry. Mark immediately runs towards the sound – which is coming from the kitchen. And there he finds Brownie on the ground holding his nose.

"Baby, what happened?" Mark asks, scooping the boy up and carrying him to the living room couch. Brownie doesn't answer right away, insisting on being his daddy's lap. It takes about ten minutes of rocking before Brownie calms down enough.

"Bwonie wan'ed cookie bu he fell."

"You fell while trying to get a cookie?" The caregiver inquires and Brownie nods.

"Why didn't you come get me?" Mark asks, giving the boy's nose a good once-over.

"Daddy was busy." Brownie pouts, and Mark tries to keep a frown from forming on his face.

"How about Daddy grabs the cookies and we can cuddle while you eat them?" Mark suggests, getting an excited nod in return.