Sweet Dreams, Baby

Namjoon shouldn't have let his dongsaeng persuade him to watch a horror movie late at night. Maybe it's because neither Yoongi nor Seokjin were there to stop him from him giving into Taehyung's request. They always loiter around when Taehyung's visiting because they don't trust the boy – something about Taehyung being a manipulative bastard that would try and hurt him. Had there not been an emergency at their business, they would've been there to kick Taehyung out for the stupid suggestion. Why was it stupid? Because watching scary movies gives Namjoon... Namu nightmares.

The later in the day he watched the movie, the worse the nightmare.

🐨🐨🐨

"Joonie, are you sure you don't want to sleep in your crib tonight? In case you have a nightmare." Seokjin asks as the trio is getting into bed. The boy in question is already lying down, wrapped up in Yoongi's arms as the second oldest falls asleep.

"I'm sure, Jin hyungie." The youngest answers, already half asleep. The oldest raises an eyebrow at the youngest. He knows Namjoon too well, so he makes preparations just in case something happens before getting into bed with the other two.

🐨

'He runs and runs, runs as fast as he can. But no matter how fast he goes, he cannot outrun... the giant waffle!

"Get in my belly, Joonie!"

"No!"

"Get! In! My! Belly!"

"Noooo–'

He's screaming. He knows he's screaming but it doesn't sound like normal screaming. It sounds like he's crying. It doesn't matter though because it still wakes up his Dada and Papa.

Seokjin and Yoongi startle awake at the wails of the little between them. Through the sleepy haze, the two share a knowing look before Seokjin moves to cradle the crying boy.

"Aww, did our little baby have a nightmare?" The eldest coos, rocking the boy gently. The little answers with a quiet whine, tears still rolling down his cheek.

"I'm gonna go make a bottle," Yoongi mumbles getting out of bed.

"I already made one; it's in the fridge. Just warm it up and meet me in his room." Seokjin informs the younger, carefully getting out of bed with Namu. The little squirms as he stares up at his papa with wide eyes.

Both caregivers leave the bedroom, one heading to the kitchen, the other heading to Namu's room. Seokjin shifts Namu around so that the little is resting his head on the caregiver's shoulder, and the older man has a free hand to open the door and turn on the nightlight. The elder moves to sit in the rocking chair in the reading corner, shifting Namu around again so he's cradling the little. Namu coos and giggles as he watches the colorful and moving stars above him.

"You're so cute, baby... I just don't like what it took to make you feel so small." The elder mutters, slowly rocking back and forth.

Yoongi enters the room seconds later with a warm bottle of milk. Seokjin smiles at the younger as he takes it and feeds it to Namu.

"How's the little one doing?" Yoongi asks, running his hand through Namu's hair.

"We'll know when he wakes up again," Seokjin answers, watching the little's eyes flutter shut. Yoongi nods and both caregivers watch as Namu drifts off to sleep.

"Go ahead and turn on the baby monitor," Seokjin says quietly, gesturing towards the dresser opposite of them. Yoongi nods and does as he's told before leaving the room. Seokjin lets ten minutes pass before he stands and carefully puts Namu in his crib. He turns on the mobile and quietly makes his way out of the room.

"Sweet dreams, baby."