Quiet Suga

Suga wouldn't be going to the daycare if they didn't have caregivers that came to pick them up in the morning and dropped off at night.

Jimin frequents this particular daycare because he loves taking care of people... And he wants to find a little of his own.

Maybe they'll be good for each other.

~~~~~~~~

Suga looks around the playroom before walking over to the only empty part of the room – the reading corner. Some of the other littles give him strange looks but he doesn't pay them any attention... well, at least he tried to. He sets his bookbag to the side before turning his attention to the wall of books.

Suga browses the books before settling on 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar'. He sits down on the alphabet rug beneath his feet and begins to read.

"Suga!" BamBam calls out to the blue-haired little who looks up in response, "Come play wit us!" Suga shakes his head in response and goes back to reading. BamBam looks at his friends, shrugs, and continues playing.

"Ah, Jimin-ssi. You're here early. You usually come during lunch." Kihyun says to someone Suga has no interest in.

"Yah, don't act like you weren't the one that said a new little joined the daycare. I wanted to meet them." Someone responds and only then does Suga look up to see Kihyun talking to someone his height with blue hair.

"You always want to meet them," Kihyun giggles some and continues, "His name is Suga and he's sitting in the reading corner. He is a silent one. And he's very shy. So, try not to overwhelm him, okay?"

The person with blue hair nods as he glances at Suga. "Yeah, I'll try not to," He says with a small smile. Suga looks away as the man walks over to him.

"Ah, great book. What's your favorite part?" The man says as he sits down beside the little. Suga looks down at the book in thought before flipping back to the page where the hungry caterpillar first appears.

"Oh, do you like the sun?" The man asks and Suga nods before going back to his place in the book. Once Suga finishes the book, he hands it to the man who smiles and flips through its pages.

"I remember this one well. My mom would read it to me... Has anyone ever read a book to you?"

Suga shakes his head and looks at the blue-haired man with a curious expression.

"What is it?" The man asks upon noticing the look on the little's face. Suga shakes his head before pulling a notebook and pencil out of his bookbag.

'What's your name?' Well, that's what Jimin thinks it says. The little's handwriting is sloppy, as expected.

"Jimin. I heard from that hyung over there that your name is Suga?" Jimin replies and Suga nods. "Nice to meet you, Suga." The blue-haired man says holding his hand out for the little to shake. Suga stares at the hand for a moment before hesitantly grasping the man's hand and shaking it.

"Wook it's Minnie!" A little calls out, Suga doesn't know which one; he's too fascinated by Jimin's warm hand.

"Hey, guys!" Jimin calls back, smiling.

"Come play wit us! No bowing Suga!" Someone sneers, making a few littles giggle. Suga was not one. The little in question immediately scoots back into a corner, trying to hide behind the rocking chair.

"That's not nice," Jimin chides, frowning, "Say you're sorry, Wonnie."

"Sowwy, Suga."

Jimin sighs as he moves closer to Suga, pushing the notebook and pencil towards him.

'It's okay.'

"He says it's okay but if you're mean again, you'll have to help with clean-up during naptime." Jimin states, giving the other littles a stern look, "That goes for all of you."

Jimin turns back to Suga who's looking at him with wide eyes. The man smiles and Suga gives a small smile back.

"Want me to read you a story?" The man receives a nod in response. Jimin picks out a book similar to the first, 'The Very Quiet Cricket', and shows it to Suga, "How about this one?" Suga nods and scoots out from behind the rocking chair but doesn't get any closer.

"Okay... One warm day, from a tiny egg a little cricket was born..."

~~~

Suga and Jimin had gone through fifteen books by lunchtime. The lunchtime that Suga had no interest in, especially after seeing how closely everyone sat.

"You don't wanna eat in here, do you?" Jimin asks, earning a fervent head shake from the little. Jimin chuckles and looks around before looking back at Suga.

"Go wait for me in the corner," Jimin says and Suga quickly complies, sitting down in front of the rocking chair.

A few minutes later, Jimin sits down with two bowls – one full of peanut butter crackers, the other with animal crackers – and a plate with grilled cheese halves.

"I just took my best guess in there. There were a lot of things to choose from and – oh," The man pulls two juice boxes from his pants pockets, "Almost forgot about these. I had to sneak them past Kihyun hyung. This'll be our secret for now." Jimin says with a wink, earning a quiet giggle from the blue-haired little.

~~~

After lunch clean-up is naptime... Suga doesn't want to leave the reading corner and join everyone in the quiet room. Jimin tells Kihyun this and Kihyun says it's okay for them to stay in the playroom. Suga kind of expected Jimin to leave for the quiet room but instead, the blue-haired man covers him with a blanket and sits next to him.

'Suga is boring Minnie hyung?'

"Not at all, baby. Why'd you think that?"

'No one wikes Suga cus he boring.'

"Well, I like Suga a lot. So much so that I want to be your caregiver." Jimin replies, smiling at the boy. Suga blushes and looks away from the man for a moment.

'Weally?'

"Really... How about after naptime, I'll take you home. That way I can get to know more about Suga and the big Suga. Okay?"

Suga nods happily, flashing Jimin a gummy smile.

"But first, you have to take a nap." Jimin chuckles and Suga nods before hesitantly resting his head on the man's shoulder and closing his eyes.

"Want me to sing you a lullaby?" Suga nods and Jimin sings the first song that comes to mind.

"Arirang, Arirang, Arariyo...

Arirang gogaero neom-eoganda.

Nareul beorigo gasineun nim-eun

Simnido motgaseo balbyeongnanda."

Suga is asleep by the time Jimin finishes singing. Jimin watches the boy sleep for a moment before allowing his own eyes to fall shut. He drifts off after that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know for a FACT I butchered this request, even with the help of my dear friend who wrote some of this and inspired me. I'm sorry🙏🏾