Freaking Perfect

Big Yoongi loves Namjoon... and little Yoongi especially loves Namjoon and his little self. But he can't seem to stop comparing himself to the younger man. Don't get Yoongi wrong; he accepts all his faults but there's this nagging voice that always creeps up on him and starts pointing out differences between him and Namjoon. Big Yoongi can handle that voice but little Yoongi can't so on days that voice is there, there's no little Yoongi.

Of course this worried his friends, Namjoon especially, but no one confronted the man about it knowing he'd shut them down as soon as they tried. Even little Yoongi wouldn't answer anyone, not even Namu. And neither Namu nor Namjoon were okay with that.

~~

"Suga! Breakfast!" Namjoon calls, coming to sit down on the edge of the other man's bed. He knows that it's not likely Yoongi will wake up feeling little but he was gonna try anyways. He's worried about his friend's odd behavior. He's seeing less and less of Suga who he used to see almost every day.

"I'm not feeling little, Joon-ah." Yoongi grumbles, pulling his blanket up over his head.

Namjoon frowns and glances around the cotton candy-colored walls of his best friend's room and smiles fondly. He remembers when their friends, their caregivers, decorated the two littles' rooms before they moved in. It was supposed to be a surprise but Suga was too excited to wait and see. He wouldn't leave his room all day because that's how much he loved it.

Namjoon sighs, pulling himself back to the current situation.

"Why are you hiding, hyung?" Namjoon sighs, turning back to look at the hidden male.

"I'm not hiding."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Min Yoongi, tell me what's wrong or I swear I'll never talk to you ever again. In and out of littlespace." Namjoon threatens, crossing his arms. Yoongi whines, sitting up to look at his friend.

"You wouldn't last a day without talking to me."

"Shall we test that then?" Namjoon asks matter-of-factly, glancing towards the open doorway where Taehyung's poking his head in.

"Still talking?" The young caregiver asks and Namjoon nods his head slowly. Taehyung nods and disappears, likely downstairs to the kitchen to tell Jin. Namjoon sighs and turns back to Yoongi. The elder is frowning which means he's thinking so he takes that as a good sign that Yoongi will finally tell him what's wrong... with just a little push.

"We're worried, Gi. We can tell you're thinking about something and that's what's stopping you... I see the way you, little or big, look at me when you think no one's looking... What's wrong?"

There's a beat of silence while Namjoon gives Yoongi a chance to choose what to say...

"You're gonna think it's stupid..." Yoongi grumbles, reaching out for Namjoon's hand, needing comfort. Namjoon happily obliges his friend but once he notices the elder's hazy eyes, he climbs into the bed and pulls Yoongi into his lap. Yoongi whines but makes no attempt to move away, just relaxing against the younger.

"Nothing is stupid if it's bothering you, Gi." Namjoon states, running his fingers through Yoongi's pink-dyed hair before letting his hand rest in the elder's lap. Yoongi sighs and nods, deciding to play with Namjoon's fingers to distract himself.

"But I know it's stupid because it's just my insecurity... You know I was really shy and reluctant to have playdates with you when we first started talking because I was insecure about myself... I'm hearing the same thoughts from four years ago and they scare Suga away." Yoongi explains, squeezing Namjoon's fingers tightly but the younger doesn't say anything about it.

"What are they saying this time?"

"That while Suga is loud and messy, Namu is quiet and clean. Namu is the perfect little because he doesn't fuss like Suga does, is cuter than Suga is because he has dimples. And between you and me, you're the better person. You're an intellectual and a leader. I'm just a music genius that's also a crybaby." The elder finishes, frowning. He knows all of that isn't completely true but it doesn't leave his mind nonetheless.

Through Yoongi's whole spew, Namjoon had to keep himself from tearing up and yelling at his friend, finding it extremely upsetting to hear the way his friend once again thought of himself. Taking a deep breath, Namjoon calms himself while mentally preparing himself on what to say to help his friend.

Once he's completely collected, Namjoon grabs both of Yoongi's hands and squeezes them.

"I need you to turn around and look at me, Gi." Namjoon says softly, giving Yoongi's hands another squeeze. Though confused Yoongi lets himself be turned around in the taller's lap, coming face to face with the man he's known for years now.

"Min Yoongi. You are one of the most badass people I know. You take shit from no one and you're there for your friends when needed. Especially me. Remember that time I accidentally slipped in public and got harassed by an old woman? Remember how you cussed her out and took me for ice cream afterwards? In Namu's eyes, you are the bravest little he's ever met. And to me you are the cutest little I've ever met and everything about you is cute. Like how your eyes light up when you're eating something sweet or when you're sleepy you become a little koala. You are absolutely freaking perfect, Min Yoongi. And don't let anyone else or even yourself tell you otherwise."

Though Yoongi giggled at some of the parts of Namjoon's speech, there are happy tears falling from his eyes while a warm feeling floods him. He didn't know he needed those words until he heard them and he is stunned by the loving gaze directed at him.

"Now I'm sure everyone has eaten and our food is cold but let's go eat anyways. Okay?" Namjoon stands up from the bed while holding onto Yoongi. He stands still while he watches Yoongi's expression change into one he's come to adore so much.

"Not yet. Wanna go change." Yoongi says quietly, looking over at his closet. Namjoon nods and lets Yoongi down and watches him run over to his closet and disappear inside.

It's a good 5 minutes before Suga comes running out in his favorite Kumamon onesie and clings to Namjoon, giggling.

"Joonie! We eats now?!" Suga asks, grinning up at Namjoon. Namjoon nods, feeling himself start to regress but he suppresses it for the moment so he can pick Yoongi up and place him on his hip.

"Yes. Now we can go eat and then we can play."

"We pways tag?"

"If we can convince Jinnie." Namjoon mumbles, already fearing Jin's answer. Yoongi giggles at Namjoon's fearful expression and nods, knowing just as well how Papa acts and feels about them running around. But his aegyo will win him over.

 But his aegyo will win him over