Chapter 27: Reside

Pic cred dell_dell

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Namjoon stares at Jeongguk for a whole while after the other says those words, slides his hand forward and leaves the card.

"Buy him a new phone." Jeongguk had said, slid the credit card forward towards him on the table.

Now he doesn't have to say the name to whom the new phone is to be bought. It's fucking obvious and it's also obvious how surprised Namjoon is.

Jeongguk's glaring at nothing in particular, eyes furrowed and jaw clenched but he did say it and there's no way Namjoon is just hearing things.

Namjoon was actually going to buy a new phone for Seokjin, order it online and Jeongguk called him, told him this and it feels unreal.

"Did you hear me?" Jeongguk says, brings Namjoon out of his thoughts. The older nods.

"Yeah, yeah okay." He says and grabs the credit card.

"Don't---look at me like that." Jeongguk says, knows Namjoon is looking at him and he doesn't want that look, doesn't want to hear anything either, doesn't want to see the stretch of Namjoon's lips in a smile which he knows is there.

"Tell Yugyeom to contact Jimin and Hoseok. It's been fucking hours!" Jeongguk says.

"Okay." Namjoon says. He leaves. Jeongguk takes a deep breath.

I want you to take me out on a dinner.

I've attended them but never enjoyed them.

Taehyung didn't meet him after he came back from shelter house yesterday. He went to Seokjin and Jeongguk didn't stop him.

Do whatever you want, Jeongguk. I'll take it.

No, Jeongguk doesn't want to do anything that will remind Taehyung of Hyunjae. He promised he wouldn't. He isn't like him and he'll prove it.

Taehyung's words are etched in his mind. The way he looked so emotionless into his eyes when he broke the phone on his feet. As if he's used to all this shit and Jeongguk's ain't anyone different.

The thought makes him angry and angry only on himself. Never once he cared about anyone's opinion about and on him. He does now and Taehyung's opinion on him matters. It matters the most.

And it's obvious that Taehyung sides with Seokjin since he must know. He said Jeongguk's childishness so clearly he is the one who's wrong. And maybe he is. Just doesn't want to admit that is.

Taehyung would start training the boys in a while so Jeongguk thinks it's better not to interrupt them. He'll go to him after that.

-----------------------

Namjoon steps inside the hall, stops when he reaches the couch. Seokjin looks at him from the counter. Taehyung was about to leave to train the boys after finishing his shake. Yoongi was watching TV. Yugyeom and Eunwoo on their respective devices.

Namjoon chuckles in disbelief and everyone looks at him.

"You okay there?" Yoongi asks.

"You won't believe what happened." Namjoon says.

"Do enlighten us." Yoongi utters.

"Jeongguk told me to buy Seokjin a phone." Namjoon says. The knife falls from Seokjin's hand. The remote falls from Yoongi's. Taehyung, Eunwoo and Yugyeom look at him with mouth and eyes wide open.