Chapter 49: Subpar

Pic cred to kookv_an_oxygen

Ignore the mistakes plz :)
TW: name calling

Third Person POV

"Why do you always have to appear at night? You a vampire or something?" She says when Jimin appears inside her shop right before she's about to close the shop.

"Nope. We first met in the daylight so no, not a vampire." Jimin replies with a slight smirk on his lips.

"Though if you're into someone biting you then that can be arranged." He says then, causing her to roll her eyes.

"Ever the flirt you are and the words don't even faze me." She says pointedly.

"Oh come on, don't act so cold. We went to have ice cream together and you're treating me like this again." He says in a fake whining voice. He jumps to sit on the counter as she walks past him.

"You disappear after a visit and come back when you desire so don't tell me what to do when you do whatever you please." She says.

"Oh so you're sad that I don't visit you often. I didn't know you miss me that much." He says with his usual smirk.

"Oh please, you're the one who visits me so it's safe to say you're the one who misses me." She utters, her lips also form a faint smirk as she turns to look at Jimin after taking off the work apron.

And it causes Jimin to look at her up and down, making her a little conscious of her appearance. His eyes then meet hers and he gets down from the counter, making her take a shaky breath and she doesn't know why.

"Well what would this mean to a good and nice girl like you if I say I come here to feel a little normal in my not so normal life?" Jimin says. "Or would it also be flirty and meaningless?"

The distance between them is little and the look Jimin gives her makes her stand still on her stop, unable to move. She's always been the confident one but with Jimin, it somehow slips away.

"Not so normal life?" She whispers.

"Yeah and I think I deserve to feel the normalcy of life." Jimin says it with a little desperation because he knows in his work line, normalcy is far to be seen.

"What are you, an assassin or something?" She asks with a nervous chuckle.

"Well right now, I want to be no one else but a normal guy before---." Jimin pauses, stops himself before he can say anything.

"Before what?" She asks in a whisper because Jimin is close and she doesn't know why she hasn't stepped back or away. It's just his gaze holds her right at her place, so does the honesty in his voice.

But Jimin can't tell her. He can't just scare her away by telling her what he really does. Not when he just got to be closer to her without her stepping away.

"Before I disappear for more days because of work and upset you, princess since you miss me so damn much." That smirk is back and she scoffs.

"You wish." She says and puts her hand on Jimin's chest to push him away only to her hand held by Jimin in a tight grip right on his chest, pulling her closer.

"What do you want from me?" She asks because it's no use playing around anymore.

"Want me to be honest?" Jimin says.

"Yes." She replies.

"Want to kiss you." Jimin says and her eyes widen, thinking she heard wrong and then she scoffs.

"In your dreams---". She chuckles, though her her heart beating wildly. "What was your name? Did you tell me?"

"Come on, don't be a killjoy." He whispers, his fingers now teasing her waist and he could see her resolve break.