Chapter 51: Hiraeth

Pic cred. humanlouvre

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Taehyung had cried his heart out in Jeongguk's arms for how long, both of them don't remember but they weren't complaining at all. Kyungsoo had informed both the teams that Hyunjae is dead and they all had taken a breath of utter relief.

Walking down the stairs, Jeongguk was behind Taehyung, wanting to give him a little space since the other had started walking in front of him. They walked the familiar hallway and came across a familiar place.

There they saw Namjoon first, his head down and hands clutched in front of him. Hoseok looked like he was trying to hide his tears behind the hand he had on his forehead and Yoongi was holding his hand, looking ahead. Jimin was just like Namjoon but his sadness was visible on his face and Eunwoo was crouching on the floor, next to Yugyeom's body. They were all mourning for him.

Yugyeom had been Eunwoo's closest friend among all. The two were almost always together. Their missions were given to them together and it had created an unbreakable bond between them. And seeing his best buddy lying lifeless on the floor had Eunwoo in immense pain.

Taehyung closes his eyes as he couldn't look at Yugyeom and turned his head away. He feels a presence next to him and a slight warmth that he always craved but their bodies still don't completely touch.

"We'll bury him." Jeongguk announces. They all look at him, their eyes that of sorrow and mourning for they had lost a loyal family member and a good friend.

"He told me about his hometown. We both visited his hometown when you gave us a few days off. I know where his parents are buried." Eunwoo says. "We-we visited the cemetery."

"Then he'll be taken there as well." Jeongguk says.

"We should go." Namjoon utters after a moment of silence.

"I'll stay here with whomever is taking Yugyeom in whatever car." Eunwoo says.

"Okay, okay." Jeongguk says, can't deny him that.

Jeongguk looks around the club, destroyed and bloodied. He sees his men too, lifeless, for him, they died honorable, as loyal as one can be in the eyes of this dark world.

The car in which he and Taehyung sit is being driven by Namjoon, who despite being a little injured himself doesn't mind driving as he wanted his mind to be occupied by driving and not on the events of earlier.

Taehyung has his head resting on the window but he's holding Jeongguk's hand firmly, has their intertwined hands on his thigh and Jeongguk would be a fool to let go. He scoots a little closer to him and looks outside the window.

It's after a while Namjoon speaks. "You both shouldn't face the little kid in this condition. I'm sure you don't want him to see you covered in blood."

The little kid. Taehyung is abrupt in the way he moves away from the window. "Sunwo". He whispers. He had forgotten he is now allowed to see his little boy.

"Namjoon hyung is right." Jeongguk says, looks at Taehyung's eyes that glow even in the mild darkness around them.

"But I-I can't wait anymore, Jeongguk. It feels like it's been eternity." Taehyung utters desperately and he says eternity not just for Sunwo but for Jeongguk as well.

"I know. I know because it's been eternity for me too but you've been so patient all this time so just a little more yeah? Trust me." Jeongguk says and squeezes his hand tightly, holds it tight.

"He must be sleeping. We can go and wash ourselves and then meet him?" Taehyung says hopefully. Jeongguk smiles a little.

"We don't know if he's sleeping. He has a habit of snooping around a lot just like you." Jeongguk says and despite being so worked up with everything, Taehyung chuckles a little.