Chapter 55: Bouquet

Pic cred vkookdoitwith4

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Taehyung watches Jeongguk pick up both the baskets with a wide grin on his face, still not believing the person he so desperately loves and was waiting for, is really here.

Two years, he had spent two years waiting for him with such surety that he'd come to him---such surety that scared him because how could he be so sure Jeongguk would come back when no promises were made in that haste.

Yet not even once his heart had gathered the thoughts of being abandoned and left alone by Jeongguk.

Because he had left his heart back with Jeongguk and the other had to get to him to be complete and he did. Taehyung knew he would reunite them. He always trusted Jeongguk.

He couldn't believe himself that he did.

"Why do I feel like I'm your personal maid now?" Jeongguk says and Taehyung giggles at that.

"Such convenience for me!" Taehyung exclaims, ushering Jeongguk to move forward, making him snort. He'd happily do whatever Taehyung tells him to.

"Aye aye, captain. Where to?" Jeongguk says and Taehyung shrieks in excitement, skipping in front of him, wanting to scream in excitement. Jeongguk follows him with a gentle laugh spilling from his lips.

"I want to meet Sunwo though. Where is he?" Jeongguk asks.

"Already headed where we are going. He has befriended the whole street." Taehyung giggles.

"He must've grown a lot now." Jeongguk says fondly.

"Yeah but he's still so small." Taehyung chuckles again. "He'll be so excited to see you again."

"Kids often forget---".

"I didn't let him forget you, alright. We talked about you almost daily." Taehyung is quick to cut him and his words fill Jeongguk with warmth.

He wants to toss the baskets away and hug Taehyung or hold his hand or kiss him---or do it all.

As if reading his mind, Taehyung steps back and grabs Jeongguk's arm since he can't hold his hand. There's still a bit of distance between them because of the basket but it's more than enough for now.

They walk the downtown streets of Maui, the sky now turning dark and the lights illuminating the streets make it look beautiful.

(I don't know anything about Hawaii streets, foods or common things and all the depths---I will search as much as I can so if I get anything wrong ahead, I apologize in advance.)

"He must be in the Cafe." Taehyung says.

"I'm a regular there and they speak English because I just couldn't get used to Hawaiian, only a little bit." Taehyung says

"You can speak English?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung looks at him with a playful expression.

"Of course I can. For survival." Taehyung shrugs and Jeongguk looks at him so fondly.

"Let's give the baskets to the stall and then we can go to the Cafe." Taehyung says and Jeongguk nods.

The old man at the fruit stall smiles at the two, doesn't speak though his gestures speak a lot and when Taehyung starts talking to him in sign language, he understood.

"Of course you know sign language." Jeongguk says in amusement as they leave and Taehyung just shrugs.

"What did you talk to him about?" Jeongguk asks.