Chapter 28: Blade

Pic cred to rightful owner

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Warning: explicit themes discussed.

Third Person POV

Jimin feels his while body breaking due to tiredness. He could barely remove his jacket, he was that tired. Running all this time and even fighting one guy he encountered, only to have him get away.

He sits on his bed, stretching his limbs and running his hand in his hair, back of his nape. His eyes widen.

The necklace is missing. His necklace is missing. He panics.

It never happened before. He never lost it. It was like that pendant is as strong as he has become now, never once leaving his proximity no matter how many fights he's been in.

It was the last gift from his mother. He remembers how she was smiling through her pain, was stubborn to celebrate his birthday even when she couldn't even move her head due to pain, bedridden at hospital all the time.

She smiles so brightly when he had cut the cake, sang the song himself and she kept smiling. It was like she became healthy all over again, nodding her head as Jimin sang.

She even ate the cake, she ruffled his hair. Then she took off her necklace, with much difficulty but she did and she placed it on Jimin's hand, clutched her own wired hand tightly over it.

I'll always be with you. She had said after giving him the pendant her husband, Jimin's father gave her with much love that couldn't last long because his father died and she have that promise to Jimin now, telling him to live and love, not just to survive but to live and be happy.

Jimin wanted to say that she should keep, it's her and her husband's promise and she said it's love and love needs to be spread.

A fifteen years old Jimin took it with a smile on his lips. His mother died the next morning.

Till now, the necklace was like a part of his body and it's not here now and he's panicking.

He remembers it was with him when he left to meet the client and it's just now he came into his room, it can't be here but Jimin looks anyways, flips everything to look and doesn't find it.

He's about to go outside the room, there's a soft knock and he stops, mumbles a come in, not expecting anyone at the moment.

The door peeks and in peeks Taehyung, a little smile playing on his lips. It's the first time he came to his room and Jimin's a bit surprised.

"Hey." Taehyung utters as he steps inside and closes the door behind him.

"You look upset." Taehyung says right after. Jimin sighs.

"And your room is a mess." Taehyung frowns. "Were you fighting with your sheets and stuff?"

"I'm looking for something." Jimin says, trying not to appear bothered.

"Must be important. What is it. I can help look for it." Taehyung says. Jimin looks at him, thinks if it's okay to ask for help because---well because Taehyung is in a royalty place, he's supposed to order, not work here.

"You shouldn't. I'll look for it." Jimin says. Taehyung frowns.

"Why not?"

"Don't wanna get in trouble for making you work. I'll look for it, don't worry." Jimin smiles.

"Don't treat me like that. I hate it. I'm not a fucking royalty here and I offered, okay? I want to help." Taehyung says.

"You sure?" Jimin asks. Taehyung rolls his eyes.