Chapter 46: Allure

Pic cred bt__art23

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Going to see Taehyung was a mistake. It has to be a mistake because it wasn't what he wanted. It wasn't what the mafia boss, Jeon Jeongguk wanted. But maybe Jeongguk wanted that. Needed that.

These are two different personalities, two different perspectives but when it comes to Taehyung, they're always one. There's never one part of him recessive and other on the show. With Taehyung, for Taehyung, he's always one person, his true self. Or as much as he tried to be himself, he was with Taehyung. As himself as he could be.

And then he realizes that the mafia boss, Jeon Jeongguk and Jeongguk, both needed to see him.

He maybe failed sometimes, most of the times to show Taehyung he's different, to make him realize not like others but Taehyung himself wasn't who he thought he was. So Jeongguk, at the end, also showed him what his father, what this cruel world carved him out to be; the a mafia boss just like the other ones.

Jeongguk didn't even care about the betrayal which he thinks he does but not much. What he held against Taehyung was how he broke his heart but then Seokjin told him he has no right to be mad at him for that. Because Taehyung didn't know. He doesn't know.

And now, it won't even matter if he did.

This was the betrayal that had affected not just him but his whole team for they were so fond if Taehyung and Jeongguk won't be surprised if they still are as he is still in love with him.

And Taehyung didn't even betray them like he was supposed to or maybe it was his plan all along to do things that way.

His mind is a mess. He's supposed to be absolutely mad at Taehyung, be the mafia boss who'd butcher someone if they'd even think about betraying him yet here Taehyung even did it and he's still in love with him.

Pathetic. Love made him pathetic. Vulnerable to his feelings and he hates, absolutely loathes feeling vulnerable.

He wonders how long he'll be able to resist and then find excuses to see Taehyung again when he shouldn't. He shouldn't but it's hard not to when he doesn't leave his mind at all.

----------------

The morning follows with silent breakfast, Seokjin telling them Sunwo doesn't want to come out. He's way more like Taehyung than Jeongguk thought. Moody as hell like him too.

He was on his way out when he saw a movement in his peripheral vision in the gardens and he stops. His feet take him to the garden and he wants to laugh because the movement was right behind the bush where Taehyung made flower crowns.

He peeks and a sigh escapes his lips as he sees the little boy perched on the grass, back on him but he's making something and he guesses its also flower crown.

As he said, he's just like Taehyung.

Sensing his presence, Sunwo turns around and his eyes widen. He stumbles back, dragging himself away from Jeongguk and stops when he's almost hiding between the bushes.

"I won't hurt you, please. I promise." Jeongguk says, glad he said it in a soft voice.

Sunwo keeps staring at him, his arms around the teddy bear shaking. Jeongguk sighs. He kneels right where he's standing, keeping his hands up in surrender.

"Stay aways." Sunwo mumbles.

"I won't touch you nor come closer okay. Please don't be scared of me." Jeongguk says. Sunwo shakes his head.