🧪Chapter 25~Call From the Dead🧪

In the observatory, Suika and Kohaku tried to spot Homura running towards the direction of the sound. "Suika barely spotted it! The shape of a human, moving crazy fast..." Suika said while looking through the telescope.

Kohaku jumped out of the window and zoomed out to catch up to Homura. "She's already off to catch her!" Suika said. 

'Senku and [Y/n] gave us a one-in-a-million chance with their sonic bombs.' Kohaku thought, chasing after Homura, 'I have to catch Homura, no matter what!'

Kohaku pulled out her sword as she got closer to Homura and tried to hit her with the back of her blade.

Homura, however, felt the presence of Kohaku, and she dodged the primitive blade by going some gymnastic tricks. 

Once Homura landed, she jumped from tree branch to tree branch. Kohaku put her sword away and chase after her. 

"I don't intend to kill you needlessly." Kohaku said while following behind Homura. 

"I know. Hit with back of sword." Homura said, "How long will you chase me?" 

"Until I catch you." 

"You can't. Give up." 

"Stop resisting and let me restrain you!" Kohaku shouted. 

The two girls were moving so fast that [Y/n] could hardly see them as she and Senku ran closer to the village which was where they were heading. "They're coming this way!" Suika announced.

"All elders and children, get to safety! Everyone else, get ready to surround her!" Kokuya said.

Senku and [Y/n] got the flashbulb ready, and Senku threw it in front of Homura with a big grin on his face. Then, the scientists pulled their shields over their eyes while Senku chuckled. 

"Makes you curious, doesn't it? Feel free to stare until your eyes pop out." He said with a smirk, "Here's a shocking and surprising scientific item, level 2: The flare..."

Once the bulb got to a high enough altitude, [Y/n] pulled the string out of the bulb, and it flashed a bright light that blinded nearly everyone. 

Senku pushed his shield back up and quickly tackled Homura into the snow. Everyone in the village cheered for Senku. "Even though he's got the power of a water flea, Senku managed that!" Ginro cheered.

"How rare! Well done!" Kokuya praised.

"So cool!" Suika said, and [Y/n] smiled a bit.

'He's always been cool to me.' [Y/n] thought while looking at Senku fondly.

"Don't start feeling me up now." Homura said to Senku. 

[Y/n] didn't know if she was warning or flirting, but she didn't like it. "Heh...Keep in mind who you're dealing with when you try to use lines." Senku said, "Maybe you'll have better luck after we restore civilization to its full scientific glory, you can knock yourself out with as many pure-hearted boys as you like. There's only one girl I'd like to feel, and you're far from her."

[Y/n]'s faces reddened, and she covered her face. "Senku, please...stop talking." She muttered.

Homura pushed Senku off of her with shock everyone. "Senku!" [Y/n] called and helped him up. 

The males of the village tried to catch her, but Homura used her gymnastic skills to dodge them and climb a tree. "Damn, she got away...?!" Kokuya said while Kohaku was still blinded.

"My eyes are still flickering." Kohaku muttered. 

"Looks like there are also downsides to having eyes that good." Kaseki said.