🧪Chapter 11~A Clear World🧪

[Y/n] watched as Kohaku, Kinro, and Ginro trained for the Grand Bout. [Y/n] would begin her training when Kinro and Ginro had to leave to guard the bridge. But, that doesn't mean she'd miss out on learning. [Y/n] was always really good a studying, so she studied their forms and body movements.

"All right, so while Gen's out deceiving Tsukasa, let's get started on that cure-all drug." Senku said.

"Yeah!" Chrome cheered, "What are we making with science next?"

"There's a material that's just as important for building civilization as iron. The first man-made material in history, synthesizing using science...Glass." Senku explained.

"What's that?" Chrome asked, "Aren't we gonna make all sorts of drugs now that we have electricity and all that?"

"Yeah, we are. Clay pots are no longer going to cut it for our happy chemistry experiments if we want to make the cure-all sulfa drug. Glass can stand up to just about any chemical. Glass is the foundation of chemistry." Senku explained.

"Glass is easy to process. It's very tough and durable. It's also transparent, so you can observe the chemicals inside." [Y/n] explained, not taking her eyes off of the three people fighting.

"Really? Oh, man!" Chrome said.

Senku chuckled. "To top it all off, once we have glass..." Senku said and looked at Suika, "...we might finally get a chance to yank that headpiece off of Great Detective Suika and see her true face."

Suika looked nervous as Senku stepped closer to her. He pulled the watermelon off her head. [Y/n] looked out of curiosity and her eyes widened.

"Wait, Senku!" Kohaku yelled and ran over then snatched the watermelon from him, "Suika doesn't want her face to be seen!"

"Take a good look." Senku said. Kohaku looked at Suika's cute face.

"Wow, Suika! You're perfectly adorable!" Kohaku cooed while [Y/n] nodded. Then Suika's face scrunched up.

"What the hell?!" Chrome and Kohaku yelled.

"Oh, I see..." [Y/n] muttered.

"I have the fuzzy sickness in my eyes. Everything looks fuzzy to me, so I end up looking like this when I try too hard to see, and it's embarrassing." Suika explained and put her mask back on then she danced around, "But with this mask, for some reason, it's easier to see!"

"It's the pinhole effect. When you look at an object through a small hole, the light passing through narrows, bringing it into focus." [Y/n] explained.

"What does glass have to do with Suika's fuzzy sickness?" Chrome asked.

"It has ten billion percent to do with it!" Senku yelled as he snapped his head towards Chrome then Senku turned to Suika, "Listen up, Suika." 

Senku crouched down and placed his hands on her shoulders. "You're nearsighted as hell. That's not a disease. It's not even a defect. In a technological civilization, it doesn't bother anyone. We have made eyes of science, made from glass. They're called glasses, and they solve everything." [Y/n] nodded in agreement.  

Suika looked at Senku in awe as he began to walk away. "Science users can make eyes? That's amazing." Suika said, and Senku looked over his shoulder.

"Yeah." Senku said and tears began to fall from Suika's eyes.

"If I could, I would love to see the beauty of the world, too. Even if it is just once. I want to meet you guys without the fuzziness. I want to meet the real you, just once." Suika said, and [Y/n] smiled warmly at her.