🧪Chapter 27~Steam Gorilla🧪

Spring was fast approaching, and the village was getting ready. But, there was still a bit of work to be done.

[Y/n] and Senku observed as Gen test drove the S[Y]2 prototype. Gen... didn't look like he was having a good time. He came to a shaky stop. "O-O-Oh, God!" He whined while stepping off the cart with shaky legs, "Wh-Wh-Why am I the test driver?"

Senku and [Y/n] walked closer to Gen, "You're the only one who has a driver's license." Senku said with a cheeky grin.

"Driver's license?! In this world?!" Gen questioned.

"Gotta obey traffic laws." Senku said.

"You're surprisingly upright, huh?"

"I didn't think that for one millisecond." Senku mocked and [Y/n] giggled a bit.

"Which is it?!"

"Umm... the automobile...?" [Y/n] reminded them.

"I don't think wooden wheels are going to hold up, are they? We aren't driving on paved roads." Gen said, and [Y/n] hummed.

"I expected that to be the case." She said and began walking towards the camp.

"Ehh? What do you mean?" Gen asked and looked to see what Suika and the children of the village were doing.

"Don't worry! We're all working hard!" Suika cheered, "We're doing hexagonal bamboo weaves!"

[Y/n] smiled. "Excellent job." She praised.

"Bamboo?" Gen questioned and looked at Kaseki weaving bamboo into the wheel, "What is this?"

"Yeah, they're the airless tired developed by NASA for planetary exploration. And they're made from bamboo weave." Senku explained.

Gen gave Senku a weird look, "You say that like we should all have heard of them, but I had no idea." He said.

Soon the Steam Gorilla was done. "And there we have it!" Kaseki cheered, "It's done! The Steam Gorilla!"

[Y/n] looked at the automobile with stars in her eyes. "I'm confused, but it looks so cool!" Ginro said with excitement.

"Yeah, I'm confused, but it does look cool." Kinro agreed.

"Sure, it's amazing, and I'm impressed too, but what's with their enthusiasm?" Kohaku questioned.

"You can't blame them. Not when it comes to making machines." Gen said, and [Y/n] nodded in agreement.

Suika noticed the sad look on Kaseki's face. "Old man Kaseki seems really sad." She said, and everyone turned their attention to the old man.

Kaseki sniffled, "We need to hurry up and go free Chrome. I can't help but feel sorry for him." He said.

"Tsukasa needs him as a hostage," Kohaku said, "but it's hard to say how he might be treating him." 

[Y/n] look saddened. "We have to hurry." She muttered.

"No, I don't mean that." Kaseki said. Him and Senku had smug faces. "He's not here to help us build our awesome automobile. That's why I feel sorry for him!"

"It's so sad, the entirety of the United States is going to weep." Senku cooed, "We need to hurry up and go flex the Stream Gorilla at him."

Everyone gave them deadpanned looks. "The science team is pretty awful, huh?" Gen questioned.

"I suppose that's just what good friends they are." Ruri said, and [Y/n] nodded in agreement. 

"It's how Senku shows he cares." [Y/n] said with a smile.