🧪Chapter 16~A Tale of Memories🧪

"Thanks. Everything finally makes sense now." Senku said to Ruri while the kingdom of science gathered in Ruri's hut, "If everyone on the planet was petrified, who made this village? Why do you and Kohaku clearly have foreign blood in you? All the mysteries are solved."

Kohaku and Chrome gasped.

"No, sorry...none of it makes sense to me." Kohaku said.

"Yeah. How does Senku happen to have the same name as the village? Wait, Ruri, you knew about Senku?" Chrome asked, and Senku chuckled.

"I probably come up in your priestess mythology, don't I?" Senku questioned.

"Yes." Ruri answered which surprised Kohaku, Chrome and [Y/n].

"Mythology? You mean like Momotaro with the gorilla and all that?" Chrome questioned.

"No wonder you people know about folk talks and giant animals you never have seen before." Senku said.

"Yeah, Ruri-nee taught us about all kinds of things. The stories the priestess uses to pass down knowledge to the next generation, the Hundred Tales." Kohaku said.

"The story my mother told me was very powerful, very sweet, and very kind. The hundredth story in the Hundred Tales. The title is...'Ishigami Senku and the Goddess Sakurai'." Ruri said, softly, and [Y/n]'s eyes widened as Ruri looked from Senku to her.

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

Young Senku looked up at the full moon in the sky. "Why do you keep following me, Moon?" Senku questioned and turned to walk away while whistling. Then he jumped backward to see if the moon was still following him. "Even if I juke it really hard, it follows me ten billion percent of the time." Senku grumbled while glaring at the moon.

"Ever since he was very young, the boy, Senku, showed interest in anything strange."

Senku's father laughed. "Maybe it has a crush on you, Senku." He said. Senku gave his father a weird look. "I don't need that crap right now. I'm talking serious science." Senku said. 'What kind of preschooler are you?' His father thought to himself.

"This reason the Moon looks like it's following you is because it's super-duper far away. It's especially far away from me, since I failed the astronaut exam." Byakuya cried. 

"I don't care about your wistful poetry, either." Senku said.

"My leg cramped up in the middle of the clothed swimming exam. I was never a good swimmer, to begin with. That was rough." Byakuya explained.

"When's the next time they'll be recruiting astronauts?" Senku asked as he sat on the swing.

"Who knows? It's something like once per decade." Byakuya answered.

"Meanwhile, in the land not so far away from the young boy, there was a poor frail girl, who was in need of help."

Young [Y/n] sat in the cooled, dark room curled in the corner. She couldn't remember how many times she's been in this room, alone. Nor how many days. Suddenly the door opened and a beam of light came through, hurting [Y/n]'s eyes.

"Let's go, you little brat!" Her caretaker yelled grabbing the girl by the back of her shirt collar, and [Y/n] quickly stumbled to follower her. "There's a woman here, looking to adopt." The woman said as she lit a cigarette, "Hopefully, she gets you out of my hair."

[Y/n] was led to a brightly colored room, where a woman with long black hair was waiting on the sofa.

"Here she is." The caretaker said while pushing [Y/n] forward a bit.