🧪Chapter 17~Can't Tell🧪

"It's such a weird story that I have no idea what it means." Suka said while [Y/n] looked in concern at Senku's unreadable expression.

"Yeah. All of humanity turned into stone thousands of years ago. You know those stones statues we see all over the place? Those are all human. Six people, including Senku's dad, survived because they were above the sky. Everyone in Ishigami Village is a descendant of theirs, thousands of years later." Chrome said, and Kohaku blushed.

"Does that mean we're all related to Senku?" Kohaku asked, and Senku chuckled.

"Byakuya and I aren't blood relatives. So only legally. Besides, we're hundreds of generations apart. You can't call us relatives." Senku said, in a-matter-of-fact tone.

"Hey! What are you doing? This is your day!"

"We have a new village chief." Some villagers shouted.

"Shall we all go feast together?" Ruri asked, and [Y/n] nodded.

The village was rather lively. Everyone was happy that the village has a new chief and Ruri was better.

"Am I really the Goddess of Knowledge in that story? I'm not quite goddess-like at all." [Y/n] muttered while sitting between Chrome and Kohaku.

"Ruri-nee always said the goddess has beautiful [h/c] hair and [e/c] eyes. The goddess was really intelligent as well. She had the answer to anything you asked her, but she always felt lonely." Suika, who was sitting next to Kohaku, began.

"When she and a young boy became friends, the goddess vowed that she and the little boy would always be together, so she can use her knowledge to help the boy in any way she could. The more time they spent together; the more they fell in love with each other." Kohaku continued.

[Y/n] blushed a bit, "Love, huh...?" 

"The goddess felt ashamed that she had fallen in love with a mortal, so she'd locked her feelings away. It hurt, but she endured the pain. But it went too far, she used the knowledge that she possessed about mortals to hurt the man to make him hate her." 

[Y/n] gasped a little, now invested into the story.

"But the man was rather intelligent as well and saw right through her plans. Little to the goddess' knowledge, the man went to the woman that gave the goddess all of her knowledge and professed his love for Sakurai. He wanted to be a god, so he could make Sakurai happy for eternity." Kohaku explained, and [Y/n]'s face reddened even more while imagining Senku in Greek-God clothing, "The woman was convinced gave the man the power to become a god. Once the god found Sakurai, he confessed his love for her. His words were described to be so heartwarming, gentle and sweet that it brought the goddess to tears. She admitted that she loved him as well, but she couldn't be with him because he was a mortal. The god explained to her what he had done so that they could live happily for eternity. And so, they did. They became God and Goddess of Knowlege." 

[Y/n] smiled a bit then looked down at her lap, "That's...a lovely story."

'It's sound's a lot like Senku and I. Has Byakuya been making up these stories of us...?' [Y/n] thought and looked around.

But she couldn't find Senku. [Y/n] stood up. "I'm going to find Senku." She said and left. She jogged towards the bridge to see Ruri walking back to the village. "Ruri-san, have you seen Senku?" [Y/n] asked.

"He's at the village's cemetery." Ruri said while pointing in the direction she just walked from. "Take care of him, okay?"

[Y/n] nodded then ran off. Once she got there, [Y/n] walked closer and could see a tear roll down Senku's cheek.