🧪Chapter 10 ~ A Change🧪

[Y/n] and Senku sat in [Y/n]'s room working on a new project. They were building a Mecha-Senku robot.

"It seems to be able to move slightly, and I suppose we'll need more power." [Y/n] muttered while pushing her glasses up and examining the wires in the robot's abdomen.

Senku took a screwdriver and tried to fix the motherboard in the back of the robot's head. It short-circuited and exploded, knocking out the power. [Y/n] screamed and crouched into a ball on the floor, covering her head.

"[Y/n]? Are you okay?! Did the explosion hit you?" Senku asked in a panic while joining her on the floor.

She was trembling.

"[Y/n], what's wrong?" He asked again a bit calmer.

[Y/n] slowly looked up at him and smiled, nervously. "I'm sorry. It's not that." [Y/n] said and grabbed Senku's hand, "Look at me, a 14-year-old still afraid of the dark. I'm pathetic."

"You're scared of the dark?" Senku questioned while [Y/n] nodded.

Senku reached in his pocket and grabbed his phone. He turned on his flashlight and helped [Y/n] up. He held her hand while leading her behind their robot.

"The motherboard is ten billion percent trashed. We'll have to make another one." Senku said, and [Y/n]'s widened a bit. Senku didn't laugh or sneer at her. He was acting as if nothing happened. [Y/n] squeezed Senku's hand.

"It seems like you'll be making another one." [Y/n] said with a small smile while Senku sighed. Senku glanced at [Y/n]. She was calmer now. He squeezed her hand back. Nonetheless, the two friends walked hand-in-hand until the power came back.

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

Senku slowly connected the wires to the bamboo string. The sting began to glow and shine through the night. Everyone was shocked while [Y/n]'s eyes sparkled in the night as she stared up Senku. He looked down and smiled, softly, at her.

'You don't have to be afraid of the dark anymore. We'll conquer everything together with a power of science, [Y/n].'

[Y/n] joined Senku on the roof of the shed.

"One year and four months..." Senku muttered and had a big grin, "We're off to a good start."

[Y/n] smiled as well. She loved seeing Senku this happy. "Yes, we are." She said. 

Soon, it was time to have a meeting about Gen's relation to Tsukasa.

"So you see, Suika, this man called Tsukasa is the one behind Senku's murder." Kohaku explained the situation to Suika.

"Though, I'm not dead." Senku added.

"He's seriously bad news. He wanted to stop scientific progress, and he didn't think twice about killing Senku to do it." Chrome ranted.

"I told you, I'm not dead." Senku said.

"Tsukasa is looking for me. I have no clue as to what he wants, but I'm sure he thinks I'm dead as well." [Y/n] said in simple terms for Suika.

"I'm ten billion percent sure he wants to marry you." Senku teased, but that hurt him a bit.

[Y/n] blushed. "I am not marrying that...that...deceitful sociopath! I'd rather die!" She shouted, and, for some reason, it made Senku happy that she said that.

"So that Tsukasa person is a bad man, and Gen is with him?! Then Gen's a bad person. Wait... But, Gen saved us from Magma. He's a good person." Suika ranted.