🧪Chapter 15~It's Love🧪

"I'll leave the village for now. You wouldn't want to deal with an outsider who isn't even a contestant right, Kinro-chan the guard? We can talk about your end of our deal after you've captured the village, Senku-chan." Gen said and left.

"Sure." Senku muttered and walked over to Chrome then started to kick him.

"S-Senku, stop that. He's hurt." [Y/n] scolded and began to treat Chrome's wounds.

"Match two of the semi-finals will now begin. Senku versus Ginro. Both contestants, forward."

Once the match began, Ginro went crazy. "What the hell's gotten into you, Ginro?!" Senku yelled while dodging Ginro's attacked.

"I mean...Ruri-chan said she'll marry anyone! So maybe I have a shot at being village chief, too! Maybe it's finally my time to shine!" Ginro said with a crazed look on his face.

[Y/n] watched in shock from where she was sitting with Chrome's head in her lap.

"If I become the chief, I'll get to have ramen every day. And a harem! I'm going to turn it into a super awesome village!" Ginro said, and [Y/n] sighed. She was more disappointed than surprised at this point. [Y/n] looked over at the watermelon mask. She reached for it then hesitated.

'What if Senku does win, and he marries Ruri, what are you going to do then?' The voice of selfish greed rung in [Y/n]'s head.

'There's someone's life at stake here.'

'It doesn't matter who wins, they're all a part of the kingdom of science. She'll be saved either way.'

'But, we can't take any chances.'

'Don't you want Senku all yourself because you lov-'

'Shut up!'

[Y/n] looked at Kohaku then to Chrome. 'Ruri comes first right now.' [Y/n] thought and grabbed the watermelon then rolled it over to Senku.

Senku laughed. "I guess I don't have a choice." He said and propped the rod on the mask.

"You're about to use some crazy sorcery, aren't you?" Ginro asked and charged at Senku. "'No, you don't."

Senku stepped on the rod, causing the other end to launch up and hit Ginro in the groin. Ginro fell to the ground.

"Winner: Senku!"

Everyone cheered for him. "The village is coming together. " Suika cheered, and Chrome smiled, weakly.

"Now we can turn this village into a kingdom of science..." Chrome said, "And we can save...Ruri..." Chrome's eyes slowly closed.

"Chrome? Chrome?!" [Y/n] called, but he wouldn't wake up.

"All right, it's the finals now. Now I just need to lose on purpose, and Chrome, you'll marry Ruri and become the village chief." Senku said while walking over to [Y/n] and Chrome then laughed. "Happily ever afters all around!"

[Y/n] looked up at Senku. "He...He isn't waking up." She said, a bit panicked.

"He must be mighty relieved that Ruri-nee's going to be all right." Kohaku said, then realized. Senku was the only contestant.

"The new village chief, the husband of the priestess...is the winner of the Grand Bout, Senku!"

[Y/n] felt sick to her stomach.

"Well, this is a pain in the ass. So, I just have to marry Ruri, and the whole village is mine, right?" Senku asked then walked closer to Ruri. "I'll do it, then."