🧪Chapter 8 ~ Stone Road🧪

"Tell me, Senku, [Y/n]. How do we make the cure-all medicine? We're going to defeat Ruri's sickness!" Chrome yelled the next morning.

"I'll help in any way I can, if it means Ruri-nee gets better!" Kohaku said with a determined look.

Senku had a creepy smile while [Y/n] sighed.

"He's scheming again." [Y/n] said to her pig, and Inosuke squealed in agreement.

Senku chuckled and grabbed a stick then started drawing in the dirt. "The kingdom of science is going to be making an antibiotic. It's a scientific wonder drug that kills bacteria infecting a person. It's saved hundreds of millions of lives ever since it was discovered in the early twentieth century." Senku explained.

"We're unable to do blood tests, and there's no telling what disease she has. But, to save her, anything is worth trying." [Y/n] muttered.

Chrome and Kohaku had determined looks.

"All right, let's get on it right away!" Chrome yelled.

"What do we need?" Kohaku asked.

"We're missing all kinds of stuff. Pay attention when we talk." Senku said with a deadpanned look.

"There are two routes to making antibiotics." [Y/n] explained while Senku drew up a diagram in the dirt, "We can choose the biological route and obtain penicillin from living organisms, or we can choose the stone route and obtain sulfa drugs from rocks."

"Hold on, [Y/n]. Living things? Rocks? How can you make medicine from those?" Kohaku questioned.

"Penicillin, made from green mold, is the more famous one." Senku continued.

"However, making penicillin in this stone word has a low rate of success and would be a waste of our time. We would have to pray long and hard from a nice sample that will not kill her." [Y/n] said, and Chrome and Kohaku gave a terrified look.

"Meanwhile, the stone route, making sulfa drugs, will take insane amounts of diligence and manpower, but even in this stone world, we'll land on the drug, ten billion percent." Senku finished.

"Then the answer is obvious!" Chrome yelled.

"You get it, don't you? We're neither gods nor geniuses. We crawl around on the ground, making everything step by step." Senku stated and finished his diagram, "We're taking the stone route. We'll get each of these things one by one and warp right through two million years of science history. This is the science roadmap to the cure-all."

"Let's start with this 'iron' stuff, then. Wait, what is iron, anyway? Teach me everything." Chrome said.

"Iron isn't going to be easy." Senku said.

"Senku-sensei's sorcery science class, huh? I don't think I could keep up." Kohaku said.

[Y/n] and Senku taught Chrome everything about the modern era until night time.

"Are you serious?! Damn!" Chrome yelled with stars in his eyes. "The planet's the one that's moving?! Dude!" He continued to yell while Senku laid exhausted on the ground.

[Y/n] was falling asleep with Inosuke in her lap.

"Yeah, that's right." Senku said.

"That doesn't make any sense." Kohaku said from the tree, "Why am I not being flung off this branch, then?"

"Because there's gravity." Senku said, tiredly.

"I always thought it was weird. Some of the stars don't move at all." Chrome said.