🧪Chapter 7 ~ Two Million Years🧪

"'Amazing." The girl said while staring at the pulleys then looked at the tree, "No, I'm not talking about that Archi-whoever's wisdom. I'm talking about your unwavering diligence in forcing yourself through every step until you solve a problem." [Y/n] and Senku looked at the girl. "My name is Kohaku. It seems I've taken quite the liking to you." The girl said to Senku.

[Y/n]'s eyes widened a bit. For some reason...[Y/n]'s heart hurt when she said that.

'I-Is she in love?' [Y/n] thought and placed her hand to her chest. It was tight. Like she was in a panic. 

"I don't like what I just heard. We just met, and she's already in love? In this sense of emergency?" Senku questioned with his face twisting in disgust.

"I didn't say anything about that! I'm saying I like you as a person, so I'll cooperate with you!" Kohaku yelled, and [Y/n] sighed. A heavy weight was lifted off her shoulders.

"Oh, I appreciate that, then. Nothing as illogical and trouble-prone as relationships." Senku said.

'Of course, he would say that.' [Y/n] thought and clutched her fist over her heart. It hurt more than what Kohaku said.

Soon, it was nightfall and Senku set up camp with [Y/n] and Kohaku. [Y/n] laid next to Senku, near a tree trunk. Senku looked at Kohaku, who was sleeping with her knives.

"What are you, a new species of hominid that sleeps with a sword?" Senku asked.

"It's because you started talking about relationships. I like the way you live, but I don't trust you two yet. I take care of myself, and this habit is a result of that. Don't take it personally." Kohaku said.

Senku rolled over to face [Y/n], who was sleeping next to him with Inosuke curled up at her waist. He wiped a single tear that was falling from her eye and moved her hair out of her face. It pained him to see how much [Y/n] has cried that day.

"I'm not enough of a hero to assault a lioness willy-nilly. Hurry and get some sleep." Senku said to Kohaku.

"Lioness?! I have feelings, too, you know! You live like a gentleman, but your foul mouth is of another dimension. I think I might accidentally kill you someday." Kohaku growled.

"Then go to sleep before you cause any accidents. I don't want to get killed twice in the same day." Senku said and his eyes softened at [Y/n]'s sleeping form.

'I don't think she could handle it either.' He thought.

"You're fighting against the long-haired man, aren't you? I'll help you. I can't just back down, either." Kohaku said, and Senku sat up and looked at her.

"Yeah. That's why we're making a nation of science. First of all, we need manpower." He said.

"So, you want allies. Then why don't you come with me?" Kohaku questioned as she stood up.

"You have more lion buddies, huh?" Senku asked.

"Yeah. I'm sure they'll be dependable allies. I know one man who'd be perfect. Allow me to guide you, Senku. Come with me." Kohaku said.

Senku looked down at [Y/n]. Her finger twitched. "If I go, [Y/n]'s coming with me. She's my partner in this." Senku said while placed his hand on hers.

"Partner? Is she your lover?" Kohaku asked, and Senku turned a bit red.

"No! She's helping me rebuild civilization!" Senku said and laid down with his hand holding [Y/n]'s.

'Civilization comes first. I just hope you'll wait for me, [Y/n]. Please.'

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆