🧪Chapter 22~Just Say It🧪

All of the villagers were enjoying the telescope and the observatory. They were mesmerized at how far they could see and how clear it was. "You can see so far away!" Suika cheered, "The sun's gonna rise soon!"

"Don't look at the sun through the telescope!" Senku warned from outside of the observatory.

Kohaku turned to the basket of rocks, "If the stones you guys got are the right ones..." She said, and the stones began to glow. 

Everyone was in awe.

"Wow, it's like a mountain of jewels." Ruri said.

"It's not like a mountain of jewels. It is a mountain of jewels." Senku clarified and chuckled,  "It's a treasure trove of super rare metals. "  

[Y/n] smiled a bit at Senku's reaction while standing next to Gen. Magma huffed, "Jewels, my ass. They're just slightly heavy rocks. After all that fuss..."

"We're going to win against Tsukasa's army with these rocks." Gen said.

"With these rocks?" Kokuya questioned and picked one up, "I see. With these gems. I can see them being heavy enough to hurt."

Senku, Gen, and [Y/n] gave a disturbed reaction.

"Father, I don't think that's what..." Ruri muttered.

"You can't blame him. Father is of an older generation." Kohaku said, and [Y/n] giggled.

"We're up against Tsukasa-chan's army. They're going to be seriously tough. Our plan is to make cellphones using these rocks and win the information war." Gen said.

"But, Senku, how much longer is it going to take to make our cellphones?" Kohaku asked.

"She's right. Once spring comes, Tsukasa-kun's army is going to be rushing in." Ginro said, and Senku smirked.

"The goal's not that far away." Senku said, "To put it simply...The vacuum tube is the heart of the cellphone. Plastics make up the skeleton. The microphone is the vocal cord. The gold wire is the veins." Senku counted off with his fingers, listing each item then held up four fingers, " With these four body parts, we can finish the cellphone." 

Everyone was in awe. Time seemed to have passed by to quickly.

"This mega-huge science project is coming to a close. Everyone, we're sprinting all the way to the goal from here." Senku explained and picked up a stone, "First, we're going to make the filament, which are essential for the vacuum tubes...Using tungsten, the most heat-resistant metal in the universe, sleeping inside this blue light."

"But, Senku, how are we going to get it out of the stone?" Kohaku asked.

"About that...It's going to be tough as hell." Senku said. Then Magma and Mantle started smashing the stones.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING?!" Chrome yelled.

"Huh? We're getting it out of the rocks, aren't we?" Magma said while continuing to smash the stones, "All we need to do is destroy it."

[Y/n] gave a deadpanned look while Senku was a bit shocked. "I mean, that works. We'll be turning it into powder, anyway." He said.

Magma stuck his tongue out. "See? I was right!" He mocked to Chrome.

"Magma...is helping...? What happened in that cave?" [Y/n] questioned, and Senku only responded with his usual chuckle.

"Gee, I don't know..." Senku muttered, and [Y/n] pouted a bit.

"Are we keeping secrets now, hmm?" [Y/n] teased, and Senku smirked. Then he turned to face her.

"Why did you kiss me?" Senku suddenly asked, and [Y/n] blushed, "That's a secret I really wanna know."