🧪Chapter 24~Scheming🧪

Gen sat with a light shining on his face, ominously. "A long, long time ago...Out of nowhere, a strange light rained down upon the world. The entire world. And that light turned everyone into stone." He began, "After that, the world slowly collapsed. The buildings and everything else, all of civilization, vanished. After humanity had spent millions of years building it. What a shame!"

[Y/n] glanced at Senku, nervously, fearful at Gen was scaring everyone.

"But there was one man who hadn't given up. Even after he was petrified, he held on to his consciousness. In fact, he kept counting the seconds. The date and time are too precious to forget, he figured. He's absolutely nuts. And that man...was Senku-chan!" Gen continued, "One summer day, thousands of years after humanity was petrified, Senku-chan woke up, all alone. He found himself in empty, primitive Earth. I probably would have died helplessly on the spot. But Senku-chan is an awesome science whiz. But, he wasn't alone for long. With fate on his side for once, his beautiful fiancée, [Y/n]-chan, woke up after him."

[Y/n] blushed, 'Fiancée?!'

"Together they made their own clothes, food, and shelter, and eventually, they also made the revival fluid!"

The children were in awe of the story while [Y/n] continued to blush while helping Senku with blueprints. Senku didn't seem too fazed by the word "fiancée". 

"[Y/n] and Senku are awesome!"

"I want to be like Senku, too!" 

"I wanna be like [Y/n]!" 

The children cheered, making [Y/n] smile a little. 

"The kids certainly love them. Well, then, let's hear words from our amazing leader couple. [Y/n]-chan and Senku-chan!" Gen cheered, throwing flowers on them. 

"Please stop this attempt to marry me off to Senku. It's embarrassing." [Y/n] muttered as her blush darkened, fumbling with her fingers. Remembering what happened not too long ago.

"I-I didn't kiss you because Gen told me to...I did that b-because I wanted to." [Y/n] mumbled with a reddened face. Senku's eyes softened as he smiled a little.

"W-What I'm trying to say...is that I-I..."

"I love you." [Y/n]'s eyes widened and so did the others.

"W-What?" [Y/n] questioned, blinking in confusion.

Senku placed his hand on [Y/n]'s cheek and wrapped his other arm around her waist, pulling her close.

"S-Senku..." [Y/n] said, softly, as her eyes widened even more when Senku placed a sweet and gentle kiss on her lips.

Everyone behind them gasped. Kohaku and Suika cheered. "I guess I was wrong, Senku can show affection." He said with a shrug.

Senku slowly pulled away. "I said... I love you. I'm in love with you, [Y/n]." He said as clear as day with a slight tint of pink on his cheeks.

After everything that happened, of course, [Y/n] couldn't see Senku's affection for her as friendly anymore. She was still flustered at the memory, and just Senku's presence alone flustered the poor girl. She's only wished she had the courage to tell Senku that she loved him to his face. But, [Y/n]'s tongue couldn't form the right words. No matter how smart she is and how many languages she could speak, [Y/n] just couldn't say she loved this mad scientist that she grew up with, and it frustrated her.

"You just need to get married already." Gen teased.

"We're only 18!"

Senku placed a hand on [Y/n]'s head. "Sure, whatever. That was absolutely riveting." He said and looked at Gen, "Your super stone world foundation story was epic. I'm bawling over here." He was being sarcastic. "Also, Gen, quit blabbering and put your hands to work."