🧪Chapter 4 ~ Weapons of Science🧪

Senku and [Y/n] sat on the rocky shore while watching Taiju gather seashells, and Tsukasa stood in the ocean, staring out at the sunset. [Y/n] leaned against Senku in an attempt to stay awake because of all the work they did last night.

"We're free in this stone world." Tsukasa suddenly spoke, gaining Senku and [Y/n]'s attention, "Shells never belonged to anyone. The same goes for the sea and the land." A gentle breeze flew by them. "There was once a poor boy who tried to make a necklace of seashells for his little sister, who was undergoing surgery. His sister loved The Little Mermaid."

Tsukasa turned to a statue of a middle-aged man and walked closer to it, "But then, a middle-aged man who owned the fishing rights to that spot arrived...and with him, the stench of liquor. The boy who was collecting shells...or rather, according to the man, the boy who was stealing shells, was beaten badly that his face was unrecognizable. He was never able to help his sister be like the Little Mermaid." Tsukasa finished then glared and punch the head of the statue off.

[Y/n] flinched and her eyes widened in horror as the head rolled closer to her and Senku.

Sure, [Y/n] was never particularly fond of humans, despite being human herself, but she didn't think a man deserved to perish in that way, innocent or not.

"You know what you're doing, don't you, Tsukasa?" Senku asked while [Y/n] stood and picked up the man's head. "You just killed a man." He smirked.

[Y/n] buried the head in the sand. "I'm sorry..." She muttered to it.

"I know what I'm doing, of course." Tsukasa said and turned to Senku, "Senku, do you intend to bring back everyone, including the grown-ups whose hearts are tainted? Sure, they'll be grateful to you at first. But, as soon as civilization returns, the rich and powerful seniors will say, 'That used to be my land.' 'Pay your rent.' 'Pay your taxes.' They'll rob the poor of our future again. We must not bring that world back."

Tsukasa began to walk to the shore. "This is the stone world. An untainted paradise. We'll revive only the pure-hearted youth and live in a natural world owned by no one." He continued with a scary look in his eyes, "It's a chance to purify humanity. Don't you agree, Senku?"

Tsukasa got ready to smash another statue. "Stop it!" [Y/n] yelled with a terrified look in her eyes, but Senku stopped Tsukasa by placing his hand in Tsukasa's shoulder.

"Not at all. Not even a millimeter. I'm a technology-loving boy who gets excited over mechs and space and Doraemon and stuff like that. I'm going to use the power of science to rescue every single person." Senku explained and smirked.

[Y/n] was instantly struck with fear. Senku was standing right next to a dangerous man, who could kill him in a second. 'Please, Senku... Step away from him!' [Y/n] thought, but nothing came out of her mouth. She felt stuck. She didn't know what to do. [Y/n] would usually avoid confrontation in the modern era, but this has Senku in the equation.

"Hey! Good news Senku, Tsukasa, [Y/n]!" They heard, and they turned to see Taiju running towards them with a clay container. "We have a full pot of miracle fluid from the cave! We can finally revive Yuzuriha!" Taiju announced.

Senku gasped with a troubled look on his face. "What's this 'miracle fluid' you speak of?" Tsukasa asked then gave Senku and tense look.

Senku chuckled then cracked his neck. "Let's not waste time standing here explaining it. It's ten billion times easier to just show you." Senku said and began to walk. [Y/n] stood up and walked closely behind him.

"You'd better feel honored to see this. Time to enjoy humanity's revival show." Senku finished with his signature smirk.

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆