🧪Chapter 5 ~ Fire the Smoke Signal!🧪

[Y/n] and Senku were busy collecting sulfur while Taiju and Yuzuriha was busy bathing.

"[Y/n]..." Senku began, narrowing his eyes at the ground. 

[Y/n] looked at him and tilted her head. "If anything were to happen to me..." Senku continued, darkly while collecting more sulfur, "Please...run away as fast as you can with Taiju and Yuzuriha."

[Y/n]'s eyes widened a bit in shock, and she stared at Senku for a moment. She couldn't believe Senku would ask her to do something like that. [Y/n] glared slightly. "Absolutely not!"

"[Y/n], don't fight me on this. I just want you safe." Senku said.

"Senku! [Y/n]! It's your turn for a bath!" Yuzuriha called, and [Y/n] huffed while setting the bag down.

"Hmph! Gladly!" [Y/n] said and stood then walked ahead of Senku.

Once she got to the hot spring, [Y/n] stood on the other side of the little fence and took off her clothes then got in. She heard slashing on the other side, so [Y/n] knew Senku was there too. Her mind couldn't even be embarrassed at the presence of Senku.

 [Y/n] angrily puffed out her cheeks. She was angry that Senku would ask her to do something so ridiculous. 

"[Y/n], please." Senku's tone was gentle and pleading. 

[Y/n]'s [e/c] eyes softened. She usually agrees with whatever he says, but this is something she couldn't bring herself to do.

"Senku...what I said a few days ago was the truth. I am useless and hopeless without you, Senku." [Y/n] said, softly, having a major effect on Senku, "I care about you, deeply, and admire you. I will not abandon you no matter what you say." 

He didn't know if it was the hot air or [Y/n]'s words that had his head spinning. His knees almost gave out again.

[Y/n] placed her hand on her chest. She felt warm inside. The feeling that being with Senku gave her. Almost at peace.

"So, you're looking to die with me then?" Senku muttered with a reddened face.

[Y/n] smile a little, "Of course. We're partners until the bitter end."

She heard Senku let out a breathy chuckle, and Senku creaked his neck. "You make it sound like we're married." He muttered and shook the fantasy out of his head.

"And I'm ten billion percent certain you would hate being married. Especially to me." [Y/n] said and giggled. She used his catchphrase even though the fantasy of marrying Senku was rather pleasant to her.

"I see what you did." He said.

Yuzuriha and Taiju watch the two geniuses exchange little words with their faces turned a shade of pink.

"They're perfect for each other." Yuzuriha muttered.

"Really? Senku said he doesn't have feelings for [Y/n]." Taiju said.

Yuzuriha sighed. "He's obviously lying."

"What?!" Taiju was shocked at the fact, "I can't believe he would lie to me!" Yuzuriha giggled at his cluelessness.

"Senku..." [Y/n] called his name. The way she called his name always made Senku's heart skip a beat.

"Hm?" He hummed.

"Once we bring back civilization... I would like to start another experiment with you. Like before we were petrified." [Y/n] said.

Senku chuckled. "It could take years to bring civilization back." He said and cracked his neck.