🧪Chapter 18~To Modernity🧪

[Y/n] continued to glare at Hyoga while standing beside Senku. "Th-They even cut through Hyoga-san's spear!"

"Damn it, it's useless! Run for it!" The men ran.

"We did it!" Ginro cheered.

"Remarkable athleticism, coordinate teamwork, and dirty betrayal..." Hyoga said and chuckled, "And the scientific knowledge to create guns and katanas. You people truly seem to know the proper way to do things...It would have been even more proper if you had realized that all of this was a distraction." Hyoga said.

[Y/n] and Senku turned towards the village and their eyes widened in horror. "So that's what they were after..." Senku said. The village was on fire.

"Get everyone to safety!" Kokuya announced.

[Y/n] gritted her teeth. 'These people...The villagers did nothing to deserve this.' [Y/n] noticed a girl with pink hair walking towards them on the bridge.

"Say hello to my right hand, Houmra-kun. She can properly handle herself, unlike these men and their melted brains." Hyoga said.

[Y/n] put her sword away. The village was her top priority now. [Y/n] ran towards Houmra. Houmra took a moment, trying to see though [Y/n]'s next move but was surprised when the girl ran right past her. Not giving her a second glance.

"Everyone! This way!" [Y/n] was rounding up the villagers to get them to safety.

Once the village was rounded up near the science shed, [Y/n] regroup with Kinro and Kohaku.

"This is far from over. There no telling what they might do next now that they've exposed us." [Y/n] said. Her tone was strong and serious. [Y/n] pulled out her sword, but the bleeding from her hand hasn't completely stopped. There was not time to treat it.

"Can we really protect a group this big?!" Ginro questioned.

"Shelter the children in the science shed! It's our only hope!" Kohaku ordered, and Girno and [Y/n] nodded.

They went running, but Houmra stopped them with a trail of fire. Kohaku was about to attack her, but Houmra got away.

"Get the water!" Senku ordered, and men with jars of water rushed to put out the fire. [Y/n] put her sword away once again and went to help.

"It's burning up! All those minerals Chrome spent years gathering, and the lab we spent months building! If it gets wrecked, we'll..." Ginro panicked.

"I'm going to protect the kingdom of science!" Suika said and ran off.

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

[Y/n]'s eyes widened a bit. "Suika did what?" Kohaku asking, wanting to hear Girno correctly.

"I-I tried to stop her! She was heading up the mountain to the hot springs!" Ginro said.

"There's a strong wind coming down the mountain..." Kohaku muttered.

It finally hit [Y/n]. "The winds are carrying the poisonous gas further down the mountain...." She muttered and set her jar down. "I'm going to go get her. Suika-chan's in serious danger." Senku placed his hand on [Y/n] shoulder.

"I'm coming with you." He said.

They grabbed gas masks and ran as fast as they could to Suika's location. "Suika! Get up into the tree!" Senku yelled once they finally saw her.

[Y/n] put on her gas mask and sprinted faster. She scooped Suika up, placed the gas mask on her and quickly jumped in the air, hanging on to the branch of the nearest tree.