🧪Chapter 23~I Love You🧪

Everyone stared proudly at the cell phone that they've created. It was a big milestone in rebuilding civilization. "Our voices are going to travel across the skies and far into the distance." Ruri said.

"It's so strange." Suika muttered, looking at the device, and Kohaku nodded.

"So, it's great that we're sending our voices over long distances...But how are we going to hear them?" Kohaku asked.

Everyone looked at Senku, who looked in shock for a moment, then had a cute, sheepish smile while rubbing the back of his head. "Whoops! We're going to need another one." He said while [Y/n] face-palmed while blushing. The others collapsed.

"You kept quiet about that on purpose, didn't you? Because people might give up if you told them we need to make two." Gen said.

"Tee hee." Senku laughed, cutely.

'Too cute.' [Y/n] thought.

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

[Y/n] stayed in the shed while Senku ran the wire from the shed to Ruri's hut. "Ruri can hear me if I talk through here, right?" Chrome questioned, and [Y/n] nodded.

"Ruri-san, Senku, Gen, and other villagers." [Y/n] listed.

"Ahem." Ginro cleared his throat, "Chrome, have you chosen your historic first words for the phones we've finally built?" He questioned. 

Chrome looked confused. "Ruri-chan's listening on the other end. Come on, it's your chance to tell her how you really feel. This is your moment." Girno continued with stars in his eyes.

All of the girls looked in awe. Ginro was right. Confessing your feeling through the first phone is historic. It'll give Ruri a chance to know how Chrome really feels about her. [Y/n]'s been rooting for this pair since she found that Chrome was in love with Ruri, and after finding out that Senku divorced her on the spot, but she would never admit that she was praying on Ruri and Senku's downfall.

[Y/n] thought for a moment. She was thinking about how she would tell Senku. It would be best to let him know in the near future because there's no telling what the future holds since they were technically going into war. 

Chrome took a breath.

"Hit the switch!" Ginro ordered, and Suika turned the switch.

"It's on!" She announced.

"Ruri..." Chrome said, everyone was waiting anxiously for his confession, "Did you see that, Ruri? Pretty awesome, right?! Science is insane!" 

Everyone face-palmed and groaned. "What's up with all of you, anyway?" Chrome questioned.

Meanwhile, in Ruri hut, the villagers were going crazy. "I heard them!" 

"It worked!"

"Wait." Senku said when he heard shuffling.

"W-What? Why?!" They could hear [Y/n] whisper-yelling, and there was bickering. Then there was silence. 

They heard someone take a breath. "L-Let's continue to make science together, Senku-kun." They could hear [Y/n]'s gentle voice that made Senku's heart swell with happiness. Gen smirked and elbowed Senku, only to receive a glare from Senku.

Back at the shed, [Y/n] stepped away from the mic and sulked. "I told you I couldn't do it, Kinro." [Y/n] whined. 

"I'm sorry that I forced you." Kinro apologized, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm...going to wait outside." [Y/n] muttered. She was disappointed in herself. 

As she waited outside, [Y/n] watched as her breath fogged in the air. Suddenly, she could see Senku and Gen running on the bridge. [Y/n] gave a confused look as Senku grabbed her hand. "We need to go to my dad's grave." Was all Senku said, and he pulled her along. They ran past stone after stone until they made it to Byakuya's stone. Senku slowly picked it up.