🧪Chapter 12~Protect🧪

[Y/n] grunted as she lifted the jar filled with hot spring water then set it on the ground. She took it upon herself to get hot water for Ruri while Kohaku trained Kinro and Ginro.

[Y/n] stared at her reflection in the water. Her short [h/c] hair that curled under her chin, her doll-like [e/c] eyes, her slightly dirty face.

'You look...so...beautiful...'

[Y/n]'s face turned completely red. Senku's words were still ringing in [Y/n]'s head.

'He's going to be the death of me...' [Y/n] thought then sighed.

She had no idea what to do with these feelings she had, and she refused to admit to herself that she... y'know... had deep feelings for her best friend. [Y/n] shook the unwanted thoughts out of her head and lifted the jar up again, hauling it back to the shed.

"Why are you only making a silver spear?" [Y/n] heard Chrome's voice as she walked closer to him and Senku.

[Y/n] set the jar down.

"Because we need it to get the maximum danger material." Senku explained while showing off the new silver spear.

Ginro instantly fell in love. "Yes! I finally have a silver spear! Thanks, Senku!" Ginro cheered.

[Y/n] stood there a bit confused about what she had to do next while Senku chuckled and packed a bag.

"You don't owe me one millimeter of thanks. I didn't make it for you. Come on, let's get moving." Senku said while slinging the bag over his shoulder, "Ginro, your job is to be the team's bodyguard."

[Y/n] gave a deadpanned look. "Ginro...Our bodyguard?" She muttered as Senku handed her a bag filled with the glass jars that she and Kaseki made, and they were on their way with Ginro cheering 'I'm a bodyguard.'

"I came all prepared because you said it was going to be 'maximum danger'." Chrome said as they pass a hot spring.

"It gets dangerous ahead." Senku groaned while walking behind the group with [Y/n] next to him. Senku noticed Ginro twirling the spear around.

"Ginro, quit messing around and hold your spear forward." Senku warned, and Ginro stopped.

"Huh?" He questioned.

Senku pointed the spear forward. "This silver spear is a sensor. That's what I made it for. Take a good look at the tip." Semku explained, and they looked at the spear, "If the spear turns black...."

"If it turns black...?"

"A few seconds later...you'll be dead." Senku said with a dark look, "You need to get away within 0.1 seconds. We'll all run, too."

And [Y/n]'s eyes widened in fear after connecting the dots.

"The enemy we're about to go up against will send us to the afterlife with just one mistake. This is the greatest hurdle in making sulfa drugs."

[Y/n] gulped. "Sulfuric Acid..." She muttered.

They continued forward with [Y/n]'s fear not letting up.

They came to a river. Chrome and Senku bent over to get a closer look at the water.

"There isn't a single fish in this river." Chrome said.

"I know. Nothing but emerald green liverwort. This is it for sure. Our goal is upstream from here." Senku said and stood up.

"So the greatest hurdle is up ahead..." Kohaku muttered.

"It's okay!" Ginro announced while slowly walk forward, behind them, not taking his eyes off of the spear. "It's okay. It's not black yet." He continued and continued to walks slowly.