🧪Chapter 6 ~ Fear & Strength🧪

"Senku, I'd rather not kill you if I can help it. I'll ask you again. Will you promise me, here and now, that you'll abandon science?" Tsukasa asked, and Senku smiled, sadly.

"I can't do that." He said, and [Y/n] gasped. Tsukasa took a deep breath.

"I thought that would be your answer." Tsukasa said, and Senku chuckled.

"What are you babbling about? You were going to kill me at some point, no matter how I'd answer. To be on the safe side." Senku said and cracked his neck, "Do it in one blow. Making me bleed out forever wouldn't be logical for either of us."

"Don't worry. I'll bust your cervical never in a single blow. You'll be knocked unconscious instantly, then you'll die. I won't make you suffer. I promise not to miss." Tsukasa said, "Senku, if we'd met 3,700 years ago... If we met before this planet became a stone world...You may have been my first friend."

"Maybe." Senku said, but all he could see was Tsukasa confessing his love for [Y/n], and Senku would be out of her life. Senku hated the thought. Tsukasa slowly walked closer to Senku. With one swift move, Tsukasa hit Senku in his neck. [Y/n]'s eyes widened in pure shock and terror.

"SENKU!!!" [Y/n] screamed at the top of her lungs then pushed Yuzuriha away and ran as fast as her legs could carry her to Senku. She was able to catch him before he hit the ground.

"Senku! Senku!" [Y/n] called and held him tightly as Taiju came running.

"SENKU! Answer me, please!" Taiju said, and [Y/n] laid Senku's head on her lap while placing Inosuke on his chest. Taiju and Yuzuriha cried while [Y/n] just dully stared at Senku's body.

There was no time for grief, no tears. She felt broken, but she had to be strong for Senku. An idea struck her. 'I have to be calm and logical. Knowing Senku, there's a reason he did this...'  [Y/n] thought and held Senku wrist, 'He still has a pulse. 1, 2, 3, 4....'

"It can't be! You can't die here, Senku! There's no way!" Taiju continued to yell.

"He didn't suffer. I suggest that, as his friends, you give him a proper farewell." Tsukasa said, and [Y/n] and Taiju glared. [Y/n] squeezed Senku tightly against her body as Taiju stood up. He grabbed a boulder.

"Taiju-kun!" Yuzuriha called.

"Don't worry, Yuzuriha. I'm calm. Sorry, Yuzuriha... If it comes to it..." Taiju said.

"It's okay, Taiju-kun. The four of us made a promise. I'm sure it'll work out. It has it!" Yuzuriha said as she cried, causing Taiju to tear up as well.

"Thanks, Yuzuriha!" Taiju said and tossed the boulder him the air. [Y/n] still sat on her knees with Senku's head in her lap, stroking his hair.

"...85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91..." [Y/n] continued to count while Yuzuriha made a run for what was left of the gunpowder.

Once she was there, Yuzuriha threw it at Tsukasa. He kicked it, breaking the pot.

"...128, 129, 130, 131...." Tsukasa looked at the four friends, and his eyes landed on [Y/n], who was counting while glaring at him with massive hatred and anger in her eyes.

"Goodbye, Tsukasa." Taiju said, and the boulder landed, creating a large explosion. And like that, they were gone.

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

They ran through the forest as the rain poured down. [Y/n]'s lungs burned as she ran and kept count.

"That's right, Senku! You said it yourself! If we run, we're running together! I don't care what anyone said! I know you aren't dead. You wouldn't die while you and [Y/n] still have the goal of restarting civilization from scratch!" Taiju yelled while carrying Senku.