Chapter 59 ( Risa )

The Heiresses

Johaizza's P.O.V

I stood there infront of her with tears beaming down my cheeks. The little angel beside me eyed me curiously. I smiled at her before gazing back infront. It's been a while without her. And... everything was too lonely. I slowly sat down.

"It's been 5 years, Mom. How are you?" I uttered as I placed the flower. " Cassandra Elysia Montes. I've never noticed how beautiful your name was, Mom. It sounds too angelic." I said while wiping her tombstone. I cried harder as I got to see at the back of my mind the scenes that vividly happened last 5 years.

* * *

The palace hall got so busy and everyone was panicking as the guards started to strip with their comrades spreading all over the place. My steps immediately halted as my hearthbeat doubled in pace. I swallowed hard. As, I got back to my senses, I urged myself to start moving and continue walking. My knees were slightly shaking and I was a little but of panicking. I carresed my tummy as I got to remember what Hazamein usually says.

"I'm not afraid of death. I have no one who'd cry, afterall." She said after shrugging.

It was a random topic while spending our lunch break at the cafeteria. Somehow, as I got to sort my thoughts, I realized that this angel i've been carrying for a month is a blessing in disguise, not just for me but also for Hazmaein.

"Hey, little angel. Come out fine. Be your Tita Hazmaein's guardian angel." I uttered with a small smile at my lips.

I drew a deep breath as I was infront of her door. My hands were cold and I felt like backing out b-but... just but.

"Uh..." Mom's secretary got suprised as she saw me gawking at the door after she opened it. I was still out of my mind and still gathering my courage when she notified Mom that I was there. "Your Majesty, her highness is here." She said and gave me a small smile before opening the door for me. I drew a deep sigh and nod at myself once before stepping in.

"What urged you to come here." Mommy's cold tone instantly hovered the moment I closed the large wooden door. I swallowed hard as I was starting ti get dizzy due to nervousness.

"M-mom" I stammered by just calling her. She looked up from her paper to my face down to my tummy.

"You're such a big disappointment, Johaizza. You left me and wandered somewhere then comeback here with a life in your womb!? Where's the cold Johaizza you've showed me back then!? Where was your piercing eyes and sharp tongue!? Where !?" She screamed as she crumpled the paper and threw it at my tummy. Unconsciously, I enveloped my tummy with my both arms, like I was protecting it.

"M-mom. L-let me explain. P-please!" I uttered and knelt infront of her, crying.

"You told me you wouldn't come back here!? Where's your words!? Damn it! How could y'all do this to me!? Who's its father !?" She fumed as she respond, she did gripped and pulled her hair in frustration and anger. I bit my lower lip and remained silent. I heard her sob. "Did I betrayed my country on my past life and these fvcking punishments worth my sanity!? Fvck! Fvck!" She screamed again as she forcefully banged her hands at her table.

"M-mom---"

"He can't protect you, right? That's why you're here. I am your last resort." She stated in conviction and looked at me with her dull and cold stare. I shivered. There was something in her gaze that made me respond to her question. I was unconsciously nodding. She blew an air out of her nose, and plastered a very sarcastic smile on her face. I was gazing up at her because I was still kneeling infront of her. "What made you think that I would accept you? And that life you are bearing?" She added. Mas lalo akong napaluha dahil sa sinabi niya kasabay ng unti-unti kong pag-iling.