Chapter 24: Asahi's scars (Part 3)

LOAD SAVE FILE 23?

YES ⬅

NO

ENTER ?????'S POV?

YES ⬅️

NO

Asahi's face twinges in pain tears streaming from the corner of his eyes, sweat pouring from head to toe, his breath grows heavy and the body becomes twitchy, my heart aches to watch him suffer, I placed my hand over his forehead and felt the increasing heat of his fever.

Using a light healing spell, a green glow spread from my palm to his head, his breath slowly gets lighter, tears slowly coming to a stop, his expression seemed to have loosened up, I watched him rest at ease as I listen to the light snoring of my dear friend.

"Sheila." He whispered.

My head tilts in curiosity by the unknown name, but whoever she is she sounds sort of important to him.

I lightly used my thumb to rub off the warm tear trail and quietly snuck away to get a wet towel for his forehead.

I looked at the other bed to check if Blue was resting okay and he seemed to be just fine. I used a light healing spell on Blue just in case he wakes up with an aching body.

I sighed in relief to know both of them seemed to be getting better at but it's rather strange that both of them are feeling unwell at the same time.

"It's just strange," I mumbled, but as I was deep in thoughts I felt my throat slowly turning raw, my insides feel scratchy and my face turns warm. I covered my mouth but it was a futile effort as I began a coughing fit to release small traces of blood at the palm of my hands.

I looked at my blood and felt pained, I knew of the consequences of using magic with this kind of body of mine so I fear for the future.

I used a plain napkin to clean up the blood before watching over the two sick patients.

I sat next to Asahi's bed with a comfortable pale pillow as a backrest and a woolly brown blanket to keep me warm. I should've gone back to class instead of staying here but Asahi's desperation came to mind so it weakened my will to leave him, I seated myself with a blanket on my lap as I pulled out some study materials for the class that I'm missing out on.

I enjoy studying, it's the only thing that won't harm me and keep me focused, it'll prevent my mind from wandering off about my almost non-existent social life and romance.

But most importantly, I don't want to remember the dear bittersweet memories of Alicia.

"Alicia." Just whispering her name was enough to make me tear up, "I hope death comes for me soon so that I can see you again. My dear sister."

CHANGE POVs?

YES⬅

NO

WHO'S POV?

ASAHI ⬅️

BLUE

SHIN

NAGI

MASON

After that incident, I was woken up in a wooden hospital room with my family surrounding me, young me at the time was still mind boggled and a bit out of it, my mind was still blurry from the unfamiliar medication that entered my vein but my body was slowly healing up thanks to the healing magic and medication that the doctors provided, I was so glad my parents had enough to pay for the bills due to saving up, but I was worried about my brother who seemed a bit strange.