Chapter 22: Asahi's scars (Part 1)

LOAD SAVE FILE 21?

YES ⬅

NO

ENTER ASAHI'S POV?

YES ⬅

NO

Hot. I felt my body burning, I shifted constantly on the white sheet with huffs and puffs of heavy breaths, agitated with discomfort, my head felt like I was wearing a crown of thorns, my weary eyes peels open to the dim room with small lights from the early morning, I turned to the alarm clock and noticed I had missed breakfast, the others must be in lessons as should I, but my body makes it difficult. I stumbled to get up from my rackety bed using unstable hands to peel away the sweaty layer of cotton moss pyjamas, my mind felt fuzzy as I hear a high pitch sound ringing in my ears.

I dragged my wiggly legs to the wooden closet and pulled on the black and white school uniform, I was barely able to comb out the tangled green locks and felt the fatigue of just preparing myself.

I took a moment to rest on the bed before pulling my numb legs to the tiny bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my flushed face, I looked up at the squared mirror to see something black edging from the collar of my shirt, perhaps some black thread on my skin?

I took a peek under my shirt to see the black thing was gone, it could be I was becoming delusional and just imagined it.

After dismissing the black thing, I picked up my school bag and stumbled my way to the school, luckily everyone was already in school and the teachers are all busy teaching, so no one noticed my strange snail-like walk to the building; unfortunately, I could barely walk up the stairs without taking a minute break at each step with hefty breaths. 

I luckily managed to the first floor so I made my way to the nurse's office first before walking over to the classroom.

I slowly opened the door with hazy vision but I managed to notice a familiar figure seated in front of me.

"Asahi?" Tear seated next to one of the white beds looks at me in surprise, I didn't have much energy to look over to who it was sleeping on the bed so I didn't say anything and stumbled my way to the cabinet where the cold medications are.

But my visions begin to sway, my eyes start to droop, "ASAHI!" I didn't notice it but I was resting in Tear's arms, did I fall?

I tried to push away Tear's arms so I could go get the medications myself but I couldn't muster the strength, "hold on Asahi, just rest for a minute and let me grab the medicine, which one do you need?"

"C-cold..." I trailed off my soft murmur.

"What did you say?" Tear leaned in close as he laid my boiling head onto his shoulder with his ear close to my lips.

"C-cold."

I was too fatigued to notice Tear's odd reaction to my whisper.

"O-okay, let's get you into a bed first so you can rest." he picked me up with ease which was surprising considering how skinny he is, I felt the soft touch of the sheets and felt a warm blanket covers me as I listen to the sound of his footsteps and the sliding sound of the brown cabinet. My eyes felt so heavy, I could actually fall asleep right here but I mustn't, I have to go to lessons.

"Asahi lay up and take your medication," I felt a helping arm lifts my upper body so I couldn't help but lean on the warm soft body of Tears.

"So warm..." I quietly muttered as I nestle into his chest; I can hear his heartbeat slightly racing; it was quite comforting.