Chapter 30: Blossoming Romance

For a month since then, the new transfer students caused quite a stir, it's rare you get to meet new people especially halfway through the school year, but the brunette girl, Alicia caught the interest of the four most popular boys in the school, Blue, Asahi, Shin and surprisingly Nagi.

All eyes were on her, many girls were envious, some were jealous whilst few were curious.

But there was one pair of eyes that weren't watching Alicia.

During class, I noticed Tear was no longer staring into space like he used to, he was staring at the small frail back of a certain boy, Earle, the other twin. 

Was it because he resembled Tear's mother?

Since Tear was watching Earle I also began observing him too, quietly in the shadow of the classroom, Earle would be helpful in class, from cleaning the classroom to aiding the teacher, he quickly became the teacher's favourite hence the teacher's pet.

I never understood why he does all those useless things but there isn't a moment Tear wasn't watching him, I can see Tear growing anxious when he struggles with balancing books so he secretly uses magic to help him, although Earle doesn't notice the small aides, I did.

I was so happy, to see Tear seem interested in something without a frown or a cry I think he seems pretty pleased of being his secret helper. I hope Tear makes friends.

At lunchtime, at the top of the tallest bell tower was Tear's hiding spot, no one goes there except for him, he uses magic to trespass but he never has to worry about getting caught since he's the only living thing that comes to this tower, no one can hear him except the brick walls and scattered magic textbooks on the shelves and floor. 

It was comforting and yet lonely to watch, I can tell Tear was lonely but he tried not to show it with a blank expression, he read whatever book he borrowed from the library or the textbook that was on the floor.

I hate not being able to be there with him, so the only thing I could do was watch over him.

I watched Tear read stories every day during his break and lunch until he drifts off to sleep, just as I was about to use magic to somewhat move the book in his hand.

CLACK!

The door slowly pushed open and a familiar thin face enter.

Earle entered warily, he looked around the room with worry until his sight settles on sleeping beauty.

I felt anxious watching the whole scene unveil, he gingerly approached Tear being cautious of his every step trying to avoid the books on the floor.

Timidly in a quiet voice, he says, "H-hello?"

I almost squealed watching Tear's long lashes flutters as it slowly adjusts to the sunlight and meets eyes to a familiar face.

"...Who-?!" Tear jerked away in surprise at a sudden encounter, it was so funny, I've never seen such an obvious reaction from him, Tear used to be so quiet and silent and was trained to keep a poker face.

"A-are you ok?" Earle asks with slumped shoulders and wavering eyes, he oozes the aura of innocence, it almost makes you want to protect him like a knight in shining armour.

"I-I'm fine," he looked away hiding the cheeky flushed cheeks.

Now that I think about it, isn't this his first interaction with someone that isn't a teacher or someone with evil intentions? Wait does he even know how to socialise?!

 Using his long black locks, Tear keeps his head hung low to hide his face, Earle watches him with curious baby blue eyes, Earle speaks up, "s-sorry to ask this but, a-are you allowed to enter this bell tower?"