'Who's The Guy'

A week later and Sam and I are given the results from our DNA test, which I'm surprised at. I thought we would have to wait until after our next investigation, but apparently not. Turns out Sam and I are cousins. Today I'm packing for our trip to England which is tomorrow actually. There's a knock on the door so I walk over to answer it moving boxes out of the way as I'm also packing the apartment ready for when we move. I open the door to see a man I've never met before
"Errrm hi can I help you?"
"My names Andrew Golbach, I guess I'm your father" the man says but I stay silent due to being in shock "look I know you must have a lot of questions and I'm happy to explain them to you. Can I come in?" I shake my head no
"Not in here. I want Sam and Colby with us"
"Anything that makes you more comfortable" he smiles as I grab the keys and walk out not bothering to put on shoes
"How did you get my apartment number?"
"I saw Sam first" I nod my head understating. I open Colbys door with my key
"Amor?" I call out and see Colby walking out of the bathroom with just sweat pants on and him drying his hair with a towel
"Talia what's going on. Who's the guy?"
"This is Andrew, my biological father"
"What the fuck" Colby breaths out
"Andrew I'm sure you know who Colby is"
"I do it's nice to finally meet you"
"Yeah... baby let me put a shirt on and we can head over to Sams yeah? Or at least I'm guessing that's what your doing"
"Yeah it is. I'll meet you there if that's ok?"
"Of course" Colby walks up to me and gives me a quick kiss "I won't be long".

A few minutes later and we are now all sat in Sams apartment, I was unaware that Kat was here but I'm glad she is. I'm sat on the couch between Kat and Colby while Sam and Andrew are sat in some chairs in front of us. We've been sat in silence since we arrived
"So errrm Andrew why did you come to see Talia in person?" Colby asks
"I needed to explain to her about what happened, but I knew it would be better in person rather than over the phone"
"Why didn't anyone tell me? Who knew you were my father?" I ask looking up at him
"At first just your mum" tears already threaten to fall "then when you were 3 you were sick and needed blood, your blood is AB+ but your mum was O- so she couldn't give you blood. Of course your father wanted to give you his but that's when your mum told him that he wasn't your real dad. Maria came to me to see what my blood type was, I'm AB+ so I gave you my blood. That's the day I found out you were my daughter"
"Then why did she stay with him?" I raise my voice a little, Colby takes my hand and begins to rub the back of it with his thumb
"You want the honest truth?" I nod my head "after your mum told him the truth he said he didn't care and he would carry on raising you. So at first he did but then the abuse started when you were better, but your mum loved him and thought he could changed, she was scared to leave him. I told her to so many times, threatened to take you away from him but I knew if I did I'd be the one in the wrong. I told her she could leave with me, or I'm leaving alone. I couldn't watch her suffer anymore. My plan was to gather evidence but before I could do anything I heard you had been rescued and he was in jail. I tried reaching out to your mum but she said she was just focusing on you which I respected"
"Did my parents know about this?" Sam asks
"No. No one did. We didn't think you would all become friends. The Brocks never knew and as far as I'm aware still don't unless you have told them. Talia this will sound weird but I've been watching you from the moment I knew you were online and when I say watching you I mean your videos"
"Talia how do you feel?" Kat asks
"Im hurt. The one person I looked up to, the woman I adored lied all this time about who my real farther is"
"She did it to keep you safe. I know that sounds crazy because of what he did to you, but like I said she was scared so when she finally got out she didn't want to risk anyone else coming into your lives and hurting you like that. I had to respect her decision. I wanted you to know. I truly did but I was never legally part of your life so there was nothing I could have done"
"Do you think she would have ever told me?"
"I believe so, but she was scared of how you would react. Talia I want to be in your life if you let me. I understand if not but either way I will always be checking up on you whether that's through watching YouTube videos or talking to my sister and brother in law. I'll leave you guys to talk" Andrew gets up and goes to leave "before I go. Congratulations on the engagement"
"Wait" I say standing up as Andrew opens the door "I don't know how long your staying in LA for but we're leaving for England tomorrow and won't be back for 11 days but I think we should talk again, just us"
"I'd like that. Sam have you got a pen and paper?" Sam gets up and goes to his little office. He walks out with a notebook and pen, he hands them to Andrew who then proceeds to write his number down "here. Phone me when your ready" Andrew hands me the notebook and pen then he leaves Sams apartment.