'I Need To Know If I'm Being Haunted'

Part 1/4 of The Millennium Biltmore Hotel

A week later

Today is the day we head back to the Biltmore Hotel and I'm even more nervous than I was the first time we went. The truth is ever since that night I keep getting weird phone calls, I get this weird feeling that I'm being watched and that someone is in my apartment. Of course Colby found out about my paranoia and what happened the night he went to cob estate because of Jake. Do I believe in the paranormal yet? 50% but am I being more open minded? 100% I just can't explain what's been happening in my life this last week or so.

Flashback 1
"Hey baby you need to lock your apartment door at night who knows what creeps are out there"
"What?" I say looking up to Colby as I stretch my arms. Colby walks over to the bed
"You need to remember to lock the door. I'm guessing you fell asleep after we left?" I look at Colby confused
"I locked the door. I locked the door 3 times Colby. Jake didn't tell you?"
"Tell me what?"
"About how I was so paranoid? Oh my god was I locking it then unlocking it? Is someone pranking me? Am I..."
"Babe calm down. I'm sure there's a reason for this"

Flashback 2
*bang* what the heck. I walk into the kitchen and see glass smashed all over the floor
*bang* I jump at the sound and walk into my bedroom to see my foundation bottle smashed. Great now I'm going to have to pay for new carpets in this apartment.

Flashback 3
Colby and I are in the middle of... you know, when I hear my laptop turn on I turn my head around to see the screen on
"Baby ignore it. You probably just got an email"
"No it was off like completely off something's pressed the on button" I get up off the bed and Colby groans in annoyance
"What if that night someone did break into the apartment and planted bugs and shit? What if they've hacked into my things and are recording us? What if....."
"Babe come on this paranoia is causing your anxiety to spike. Let's go back to bed and finish what we were doing" Colby holds my hips
"Let me take this out first. I don't trust anything at the moment"

Flashback 4
I turn the TV off and then walk into the bathroom. Suddenly I hear talking in my living room, I grab the first thing I find which so happens to be a coat hanger. Great whats that meant to do? I walk out the bathroom and see the TV on to some Spanish program. But I swear I turned it off.

"Babe are you ready to go" Colby walks into my apartment with Jake, Sam and Corey following
"Damn Talia you look like shit"
"Thanks Corey. I always appreciate comments like that" I snap
"No I didn't mean.... I'm sorry. It's just you look tired. That's what I meant I didn't mean to upset you" I sigh
"Talia" Colby raised his voice a little not happy with how I just spoke to one of our friends
"No Colby it's fine I shouldn't have..."
"No I'm sorry for snapping at you. I shouldn't have. I know what you meant and truth be told I'm so tired. I barley had any sleep last night. I swear someone is watching me"
"Ok that's it tomorrow I'm taking you to get your phone, laptop, I pad and whatever else you want to, checked to make sure none of them have been bugged. I told you this paranoia is causing you to become so anxious. Your not yourself"
"I can cancel the hotel room, might loose the money but we don't have to go"
"No Sam. I need to know if I'm being haunted or if someone is actually messing with me"
"Oh so you believe in the paranormal now?" Jake asks
"No... kinda... I don't know. Weird things have been happening and I get it I'm normally the logical thinker but at this point I don't know how to explain things other than this all being a prank, which if it is I'm gonna be so fucking mad at you guys"
"It's not I promise" Sam says also with concern
"You know I'd never let it get this far if it was" Colby kisses my forehead
"So it's either I have more mental health issues than anxiety, a ghost or I have a stalker"
"We'll figure this all out" Jake smiles
"Now are you sure your up for tonight?" Sam asks
"Yes. I'll just sleep in the car on the way there. Who knows maybe tonight is the night I find out what's going on" I grab my 2nd new phone of this week and put it in Colbys bag. I make sure all the lights are off and everything is unplugged. I lock the door behind me and check 3 times if it's locked.

We head down to Colbys car and all pile in, I'm sat in the back with Corey and Jake once again
"Did I turn all the lights off?"
"Yes" Colby sighs putting the car in reverse
"My hair straighteners did I unplug them?"
"You haven't used them today" Sam looks at me through the mirror
"Oh yeah. What about the hair dryer?"
"That's unplugged as well" Colby says glancing at me
"The door oh my god I forgot to lock the front door"
"Talia...Talia... Natalia" I snap out of my thinking and look at Jake who has been shouting my name
"Everything is ok. Everything is off and the door is locked"
"Go to sleep Talia. You're tired" Sam turns around to face me giving me a small smile. I close my eyes and begin to drift off, not before hearing the boys talk
"Bro I'm worried about her" Colby sighs
"I know. We all are. She's really not acting like herself. What does everyone think?" I hear Sam
"Personally I think it's a combination of things. She never mourned her Mamá and Abuela and I think she is going through that now and on top of that we're trying to prove that the paranormal exists and she's always been a little paranoid you know after her ex. So a combination of all of this, we just have to be there for her and try to keep her grounded" I hear Corey speak next to me and the others agree before I slip off into sleep.