36. First in Everything

Taehyung

"You've got to be kidding me, hyung!" I bellowed in my phone. My hand was clutching it so tightly, I swear I could hear it crack somewhere.

'Sorry, kid. It was an abrupt decision. Some important work came up there.'

Jin hyung's voice was calm and collected, as usual. Apparently, a last minute call came up and he, along with Joohyun, had to make a short trip to Daegu. And surprise, they are already on the damn plane..

"That's not fair. That's really not fair. I wanted to spend some time with you guys." My voice was bordering towards a whine and I couldn't help it. The fact that Hyung dropped a last minute bomb about his sudden wedding was kind of forgivable but this..

"Totally not cool, hyung."

I could hear his sigh from the other end. He was irritated, that's for sure. But I couldn't care less now. He was being highly unreasonable.

Unsurprisingly, this wasn't the first time he practically bailed on me. It was always work which had to take the front seat. And he made sure no one interfered with that. But now.. he did something different by inviting Joohyun along with him. That is a first.

I wasn't angry that he thought of tagging her along. It was the realization that he did not think of doing that before with me. I, atleast, deserve some attention. Just like I do to him. I left my goddamn exhibition to be with him, for fuck's sake.

'Two days, Taehyung. I'll be back in no time.'

I rolled my eyes and let out a frustrating sigh. "Fine. No late than that."

He chuckled.

'Deal.'

"Bye." I hung up right after that.

"What made you simmer down so fast?" Hoseok spoke calmly, seated behind me.

I looked out of the window, the large expanse of city lights unfurled beneath me. It was really soothing to the eyes. This view.. it held everything.

My mind was running many miles a minute. So many questions brimmed inside and it concerned everything about my brother. He was always ahead of his game and I could never reach up to him, no matter what. Even if I loved him to death, he made sure to love me hundred fold of that.

"Taehyung?" Hoseok called out. I remembered that he was waiting for my answer. I slowly turned around and looked at him with a small smile on my face.

"Because he said 'he' will be back to me in no time. Not 'we'. He really loves me more than his wife, I guess."

The look on Hoseok's face was priceless.